HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Hailchristian's EF (picture Intensive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

Dent I need to take care of before I can move forward with the jdm goodness.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:48 AM
HCF Member

I'm so jealous! I want the ef9 front!

And your cliff was wrong.. Says not to call you Chris.
You meant not to call you Christian.
=P

Old 10-30-2010, 11:42 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Damn, what happened there?

Old 10-30-2010, 12:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
I'm so jealous! I want the ef9 front!

And your cliff was wrong.. Says not to call you Chris.
You meant not to call you Christian.
=P
Oops...ill fix that.

Originally Posted by plethoric33
Damn, what happened there?

I'm lazy...I use the forklift at work as jack..usually only on the front of the car. But I needed to rotate my tires and didn't want to run home to get my real jack so I tried to put it on the side jacking point. It slipped off and now I know not to do that...ha

Should be fixed next week.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

Spent today prepping my hood for paint. had some chunky chips that went all the way down to the metal, so I figured I would strip the whole thing down to the metal just so it comes out nice and fresh.

What a pain in the ***.

This thing must have had like 5 coats of paint on it.

2 coats of primer, 1 coat of black and 2 -3 coats of the blue plus the clear that was over it.

Also found some bondo at the tip of the hood. They put it between 2 of the blue coats of paint.....so instead of taking chances, I just took the whole thing down to metal and will re do the filler tomorrow.

I have a little more sanding to do tomorrow, but compared to what I did today..thats nothing. The warehouse at work is covered in blue dust..that's gunna be a pain to clean up tomorrow as well...tried to get most of it tonight, but its everywhere.

pictures bellow:

Bunch of this crap all over it.

Paint stripper was kinda nice...but when you have so many coats of paint it takes for ever to actually work. This was after I sanded down the top 2 coats and then applied the stripper.

Here are the dings I need to fill tomorrow. Not to bad..unsure what happened there though.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

Still waiting for the primer to dry on the hood...everything else looks good though

Old 10-31-2010, 05:56 PM

looks really good, i love the black

Old 10-31-2010, 11:33 PM
HCF Member

Got a lot done today.

Finished stripping the hood. learned how to use body filler. Used body filler. Started the Front end install whilst it was drying.

Painted the hood with self etching primer. Installed the hood...

JDM front end successful. I have one gap to fix on the driver side. The headlight hood clearance is a little off. Adjusting the headlight should solve the problems. I managed to get the hood to line up first try. Note that my Front end did not have the tbar support. So i drilled the holes on the hood latch bigger, scooted it back. Spaced the tbar forward with some spacers I had at work and bam. Got it to line up first try. It was sweet.

Hopefully I should be able to get my car to the body shop this week to get the dent out below my door. I am on call for jury duty so I can't really be without a car. We will see if I can get it done tomorrow. Then from there off to the paint shop and we are golden.

Ill try to get some better pictures of it tomorrow..it was dark so my ISO on my camera was turned way up..sorry for the grain.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 PM

I just got a '91 hatch and I love it man. Seeing this progress you went through is really inspiring me to hook it up. Can't wait to see it painted bud.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 AM
July 2010 ROTM

good job on the front end goodness. wish my rex was rockin a jap nose! looks nice man.

Quick Reply: Hailchristian's EF (picture Intensive)