HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Jayrdee - Civic SI project

Old 04-14-2014, 05:14 AM
HCF Member

Got Daayyymmm that looks clean!!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:34 AM
March 2010 ROTM

That came out looking great man!

Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 AM
HCF Member

Goodmorning beautiful

Thanks for the feedback! definitely love the way it turned out.

Here recently the shift rod broke and replaced that this past wednesday.
The rears rubbed really bad at first, it actually caused the lip to pull outwards and started cutting at the tire. I no longer have a heat gun so I just took a flapper wheel grinder, grinded that sucker down real nice, and then used some black touchup paint. Now there are no rubbing issues whatsoever and i love it.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

Im sorry but i still cant get over how clean it is now ...

Gave her a much needed wash earlier this evening
Name:  IMG_2374_zps039a3dc4.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  149.2 KB

Old 05-24-2014, 01:35 PM
HCF Member

Unfortunately this project has come to an end. I got rear ended last thursday, took it to the body shop at my work and the damages totaled itself out.

Name:  IMG_2653_zps4a16d2c8.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  154.0 KB

even though she hit me from the rear, the impact pretty much caused the rear end to twist and buckle to the side. thats why there is that huge dent on the passenger quarter panel. All the damage is fixable, but the due to the cost of the repair the insurance company totaled it

Name:  IMG_2742_zpsff147556.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  106.1 KB

What makes matters even worse was that even though i was sitting at a red light and got rear ended, due to the lady's lack of cooperation, or lack of insurance for that matter (she was real sketchy and wouldn't give us her information), caused not only my car to be declared totaled but my insurance to go up and i have to pay my deductible. I didn't even have my car back for a month after spending $4,500 (not including the extra 1-2k i spent on parts to get it fixed) getting all the body work and paint done and it got wrecked. With that being said i decided to sell it.

Name:  IMG_2766_zps5cb22f4d.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  147.7 KB

Parted ways with her this evening. I sold the car to a kid i know down in Summerset. I know he is going to get her all fixed up again, i just dont want to deal with it anymore. Sold it for $2,700

Still waiting for the final value of the car from the insurance company. originally they were going to give me a check for like $4,600, told them about all the money i invested and faxed over my receipts. As of now i would get a check for $5,100 but thats subject to change on tuesday when they give me the final value. The aftermarket wheels and tires alone bumped up the value. With that in mind, since the paint job is not even a month old im hoping that would bump up the value to the 6k range.

Idk what im going to get now, i would love another honda or acura but i know no matter what i get its just going to upset me because it won't be as perfect as mine once was. I've been looking pretty heavily into IS300s but who knows what will happen. but yeah .... so, its gone now

Old 05-25-2014, 05:39 AM

Damn, that was quick. You just got that thing back after being in for paint for like years it seemed like. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

I.... I couldn't even post when I first read this.. I've only felt this emotional about a car when mine got stolen =/

I am sorry. So sorry.

Last edited by Superfly; 05-25-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Superfly
I.... I couldn't even post when I first read this.. I've only felt this emotional about a car when mine got stolen =/

I am sorry. So sorry.

It was so heartbreaking when i had to drive it back home knowing it was totaled and i was getting rid of it. she was my baby Lol ... the damage on the exterior didn't look too bad. when i first brought it to my work to get an estimate i actually got pretty excited because they had estimated the damage to only cost around $1,900. i got my hopes up and thought they were able to save it, but i guess when they started taking things apart they ran into more damage than they expected. Although I was kinda anticipating that would happen due to the whole rear end pretty much binding to the side. I remember after she hit me once i saw the quarter panel i kinda knew things weren't going to be too pretty.

on another note, i bought an is300 today. going to put wheels and coilovers on it and DD that for the time being. I'll get another honda sometime eventually.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:00 AM

Nice! I couldn't get myself past the ****ty gas mileage on those things. Plus, finding a manual is not easy. Otherwise, I would have been in an IS already.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:19 AM
Cat Fuсker

Why is your insurance going up over this? Weren't cops called on scene? They should have gotten the lady's info and now you should be taking her to court regardless if she has insurance. She has a car, she probably has a job. She made a decision to be on the road with no insurance and hell I'd never let that go. When my civic was totaled two weeks after paint was done (I don't think you were even on this board back than) I was able to get my Saab and have money left over, though that lady did have insurance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jayrdee - Civic SI project