HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Kanarrjl's 97 Lx Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

wow. i finally see the mans car. are thos rolled fenders or is that how they are? i like the whole black out idea.

is that your blazer? looks pretty cool. my parents have a 97 blazer. same color.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Originally Posted by Dipsetcivic117
... are thos rolled fenders or is that how they are? i like the whole black out idea.

I think they came that way...or in the pics they look stock compared to everyone else's ek's...am i right?

But yea i agree with dipsetcivic117...im liking the black out too just hate the headlights bro haha sorry, just constructive criticism.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

No those fenders are stock except I bent the lip up when my drop was put on because of rubbing issues, no the jimmy is my friend tristan's if you see me talkin about a kid with huge systems thats him, and thats the vehicle 4 15's and 6000+ watts and 3 batts bla bla bla. Yeah I went for the all black look on purpose I figured there wasn't another 4dr like it so why not? But I'm keeping the projectors just because I love the light output. If I was to do it over I would go the cheap route and go with the replica ctr's.

Last edited by kanarrjl; 06-12-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Ah good choice ur car would look prety nice with the CTR's

Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

Update: I went down to Florida and back for spring break and just got back at 2am this morning. While on the way there and back she ran great and had no problems, till I got 25 miles from Cincinnati Ohio, in Kentucky (Richwood ish) on I-75 and at 80mph had a tire blowout. So untill next monday I'm riding a spare and have now got a gangster lean going on.

Btw if you havent been to Orlando you should it is absolutely beautiful. I'm tempted to move there.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ It really is for those of u who live down there in Florida yall are lucky (if u exclude the hurricanes and stuff) hahaha

But that sucks about the tire blowing out...it didnt do any damage to the body did it?

Old 03-30-2010, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

Nope, no damage. I just got the new tire yesterday, the guy thought he was gunna charge me for the new one, I was like yeah right! A tire a year old with 3000 miles or so on it shouldn't blow then he gave in and just gave me the new one.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Ah thats pretty nice haha gotta love warranties lmao oh and u got lucky that that blown tire didn't do any damage...saw a pic of my car when the dealership that i bought it from first got it and it was tore all to **** just after it blew the right rear luckily they fixed it relatively well (rear quarter panel wise they did anyway)...my rear bumper doesnt even have primer under the paint, WTF?! Damn bastards at that dealership...anyway like i was saying u got lucky haha

Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 AM
HCF Member

So I am planning on doing the auto to manual tranny swap soon. I've got a 93 ex as the donor car I just need to know exactly what parts I need to keep off of it for the 97. Because I am going to start parting out the 93 to pay for other parts for the 97. Anybody have a list or something?

Last edited by kanarrjl; 04-06-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

been a while so Update:

still haven't done the head swap or tranny swap im actually gunna do them both at the same time but first wanna completely build the head (camshaft, valves, retainers, port and polish bla bla bla) and want a new clutch and lsd.

but here are the little updates, I re-bought an antenna block off plate because I in a series of events lost mine and I wanted another. and I re-wired my tail lights because of cop trouble and man am I mad I didn't do it a long time ago. Im in the middle of making my own custom headliner, bought new o Sh*t handles one for the drivers and passengers sides, bought and installed cupholders/pocket from a 00 Si and bought the wrong strut bar so I am sending it back for a new one.

tail lights
Name:  0518102156a.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  15.3 KB

old cupholders/cd player
Name:  mms_picture2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  28.6 KB

new Si cupholders/pocket
Name:  mms_picture1.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  34.0 KB

wrong strut bar
Name:  mms_picture5.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  mms_picture3.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  41.7 KB
Name:  mms_picture4.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  46.1 KB

Last edited by kanarrjl; 05-18-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Kanarrjl's 97 Lx Project Thread