HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!
Default Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project

EDIT OF PLANS ON APRIL 6, 2011: I've decided that I won't keep this truck for very long...I was d!ckin around ont eh Xterra forum and a member on there has really inspired me to go in a completely opposite direction with my truck and I've becided that I don't want to keep this cause it'd be costly to convert it to a 4wd and to put a v6 in it...it'll be a lot easier just to sell this and buy a 4x4

So this is the edited list of mods to do/have already have done.

1st thing I need to do, PAY OFF THE DAMN THING! Then the following;
-wire up the fogs to work like i mentioned in the previous post <--- Done! 2/23/2011
-tint the tails (suuuuper dark) and LED the bulbs <--- Tinting done! No LED bulbs though.
-tint the headlights (prety dark) <--- Plasti-dipped them for now, they look prety sweet. 4/4/11
-Do a PML (poor man's lift) which is just cranking the torsion bars and getting rear shackles to lift the truck about 2.5 to 3 inches
-paint my plastic moldings (theyre all faded...sadface) <--- I plan on doing this this summer.
-STICKERS! <--- Done for now..
-Either paint my current wheels or buy new ones (i havent decided) <--- I still might do this cause I could transfer the wheels to another Fronty or a Xterra.

So this is where I will be headed now with my truck. None of it will be very extreme; about the only thing that would be durastic would be the PML cause I would havve to get an alignment soon after lol I'm sure I'll be doing stupid random cheap mods like I do lol

Last edited by Kenny-g; 06-10-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Got the pics guys (and gal if she ever gets on anymore)...

How he sits as of 4/7/2011...the only thing that is different now is the plasti-diped emblems and headlights.

How the truck looked when I first got him.

Last edited by Kenny-g; 04-06-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

One of my first steps toward tinting was done today (1/11/11) Got rid of the hazy **** on my headlights (I prolly could've tinted w/o doing that but wanted the most visibility out of them as possible). Just have to buy LED's for the tails and tint away

I need to get tie downs first tho so i can put most of my stuff in the bed of my truck w/o having to worry about anything sliding around. But that crap is hella cheap so ima try and get that on friday. Finding the right LED's will be my next project so that'll prolly be about $50 or so (hoping it'll be alot cheaper).

I'm also going to be checking out some stickers from a friends company so that'll be fun too

Hopefully i'll have this project going at a faster pace than the Civic one. I'll admit the only progress that I had on that thing was headlights, wheels, minor (and i mean very minor) interior stuff, and debadging...along with maintenance stuff...so being honest it was barely even a project. Anything would be better than that lol anyway wish me luck for those of you who even give a'damn

Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Alright so I am hoping that my refund money from my college stuff comes through on Tue or Weds (reaaaally hoping it does on Tuesday). This means that I should be able to buy LED's and whatever else I should need to tint the tails

OH!!! And buy all the crap to install my fogs, hope I'll get it done within the next 2 weeks I want to get the fogs done first and then focus on the LED's and whatnot. Might not tint right away but hopefully VERY soon after

Old 01-30-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Got a new sig I love it, its prety sweet

Anyway I got a quote for a shop to install my fogs for me for only 35 bucks and considering that I only paid 20 for them in the first place...thats a good deal So for a total of 55 bucks ima have 2 sets of fogs on my pick-em-up Im just waiting for my college refund money to come through so I can go ahead and have them install them!

Old 01-31-2011, 04:13 AM

Those plastics look so awkward, being all light gray when the truck is black. I'm an appearance *****, so I'd bump that up to a higher priority.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:26 AM
HCF Member

What a crappy Frontier haha just kidding man how have you been love the ride!?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:01 AM

I read a side exit exhaust is not possible? How come?

+1 on what Hobo said.. well... I guess it isn't as bad as having a totally different color front end.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

@ Hobo and CV; Yea its in the second priorities list...I hate the way Nissan did that I agree guys but for now it looks fine. Plus when I ArmorAll everything it looks clean as a whistle and appears as its dark-ish grey original color again.

And thanks KingDak, I've been alright...tied up with schoolwork and life but what else is new. The truck works well and I like it I just need to get it paid off asap!

OHHHH and CV, the side exhaust wouldnt be possible with my truck cause the frame rail dips lower right behind the cab on to the back and I dont want to have my exhaust tips sticking like 3 inches lower than the truck itself. It would've looked killer but oh wells...plus if I ever get sliders put on they (the exhaust/exhaust tips) would have to be below that and that is pointless ha

Old 02-15-2011, 06:47 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Alright I havent been on the comp much lately cause my laptop is being repaired by Best Buy/Geek Squad so I dont have regular comp access. I finally got my refund money on my card so Im going to have my fogs installed sometime soon and I plan on ordering a few more stickers here this weekend or maybe sooner if I get my laptop back tonight.

And the guys on the Frontier forum arent really helping me out much with my LED tails situation...what all would I need to convert my tails to LED bulbs. Ive heard from a friend on the other forum that you can't just swap the bulbs cause it throws the abs light (i think thats the right one he said). Any help would be appreciated.

Also since i have a semi-decent amount of money left from my refund, Im going to try and find a Toneau cover for my truck on CL. I doubt It'll be easy to find one but who knows

Quick Reply: Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project