HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Lewy2k's EG Coupe Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Sigracer10
Oh ok i didn't realize you were going that route. but before you do that I would make sure that the bushings will even fit in the Blox control arms. The bushings that come with the energy suspension kit are designed to fit an oem LCA and may be a slightly different size than the ones in the Blox LCA. If there is the smallest difference in size of the bushings, they will not work.

Plus getting the bushings out of the Blox and putting in the urethane is going to be a huge PITA. So to me thats worth the little extra to buy some LCAs that already have urethane in them.

I have an energy suspension kit on my car, and I will probably never screw with bushings ever again because they suck to put in.
I see, well that's good to know. the skunk2 lcas are appealing and I have been thinking about them. I most likely will because I'm lazy when it comes to stuff like that. lol

Old 08-06-2009, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

Well wait a few weeks for me to get my Tokicos on and I'll tell you how they are. Make sure you do your homework before doing this. You really need to decide what is practical and will work. Have you taken into consideration speed bumps? Hilly driveways? This is something to think about when you have a lower car. I had to measure my car to make sure it will clear my driveway (on a hill) and I'll be clear by about 1.25 inchs. Kinda close if you ask me. You also have a front lip, you don't want to tear that thing off if you it a curb when you're parking. Just something to think about. I'd say 1.5inch is good, but you do have smaller wheels than me, so you might be able to get away with a little more. But i really wouldn't push it past 2inch.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

No I want about an inch and a half. Two at the most. There are too many things I would hit if it was lower than that. Are you getting the kit with the springs and shocks?

Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

Yup, getting it tomorrow night hopefully. I get paid so the money is going in the bank and I'm ordering them from Ebay that night when it clears. I'm gonna get the springs and shocks kit. Then its trailing arm bushings and possibly LCAs (brand idk yet). Those will be later on. I'm just getting the parts together now.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

After the head gasket replacement the way the car idled and drove didn't feel the same and after I adjusted the ignition timing everything seems back to normal.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Chubby Chaser

thats good to hear glad the problems are fixed...for now....lol

Old 08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
thats good to hear glad the problems are fixed...for now....lol
Well I have replaced all the major components that normally go bad so hopefully I'm set to save all my money for paint so I can get this project going. Hopefully is the key word

Old 08-13-2009, 12:40 AM
HCF Member

So I did some asking around today and found out my best friends dad has everything needed to paint a car since he paints/restores motorcycles and offered to help and let me use all the equipment to paint my car. In this case it would cost MUCH less to paint the car and anything decent looking is better then what I have now. That way the rest of my money can go to suspension and other modifications. Hope fully I can get this thing painted by the end of the month.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:44 PM
HCF Member

Got new radiator hoses installed today.

Old ones had tiny cracks and the top one was starting to bulge
Name:  IMG00695.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  56.7 KB

New hoses
Name:  IMG00698.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  59.2 KB

In the process of making my own ground wire as well.
Buying stuff to paint the car in about 10 days, got a Rockford Fosgate Punch P3S 12" sub from a friend and am getting a JBL 500W amp for $30 soon.
Bolting the new sub to the back seat with the amp.

Last edited by Lewy2k; 08-17-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:45 PM
HCF Member

Made a new ground wire for the fun of it, cost me around a dollar. Doesnt look that good but better than the ugly one from the factory. Got my new amp and sub in as well
Name:  DSCF0588.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  90.6 KB

Interior shots

Yes, I know my shift **** is ugly. It was one I had laying around and it is way more attractive then the one that it had when I bought it.
Name:  DSCF0584-1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  97.4 KB
Name:  DSCF0585-1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  96.9 KB

Quick Reply: Lewy2k's EG Coupe Project Thread