HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Lewy2k's EG Coupe Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Lewy2k
Including high compression pistons, head work, cam, matching valve train components with plenty of arp products.
should be a sweet build but you do know arp only makes fasteners right? and you do know they are really expensive and if you are looking for a good set of head studs flip has some for cheap i'll post the link to his fs thread later

Old 11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Chubby Chaser

hey lewy, pm me ur paypal email address and ill send you an invoice for the dome light, ill send ya the whole thing for 12 bucks

Old 11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Tiran
Woo all motor z6 build.

Looks good. How much compression are you going to run and how aggressive of a cam? any thoughts on brand yet?

Also if you don't mind loosing your A/C consider looking into a bisimoto header for your z6 build.

I don't have A/C. It only gets warm enough up here for that for a month out of the whole year. Are they expensive?

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
should be a sweet build but you do know arp only makes fasteners right? and you do know they are really expensive and if you are looking for a good set of head studs flip has some for cheap i'll post the link to his fs thread later
Yes I know what arp makes. I was thinking of checking his out, I kinda imposed there were a lot of things they make. Sorry about that, I meant rod bolts and head studs.

Update: Found a z6 head with a bad block on cl for $120, has only 100k miles on it. It's only missing the IM. Also comes with wiring harness and alternator. I figure I can find a block cheap and start all the head work after Christmas.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

Also, if anyone has suggestions feel free to let me know. I want to build it as clean and efficient as possible. I'm thinking a crower cam, stage 2? idk yet since the car is my DD.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:34 AM
HCF Member

ditto on the ebay fogs, they burn out fast.

Anyways, building a D imo is a waste of money. Boost it or swap a B in and do an all motor. How my hp are you trying to make anyways?

bisimoto header = very expensive

Old 11-23-2009, 12:44 AM
HCF Member

ditto on the header. I have chose the d series to start with because i can do anything with them while i have yet to explore b series stuff. i want to have a successful build before i try something that expensive. As far as hp, I dont really know yet.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:14 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Lewy2k
ditto on the header. I have chose the d series to start with because i can do anything with them while i have yet to explore b series stuff. i want to have a successful build before i try something that expensive. As far as hp, I dont really know yet.
I just dont want you to get ahead of yourself, building a D is very expensive. The cost to hp ratio is not good. With the amount of money you spend building that D you could have a nicely boosted civic. Just a thought, if you want to build a motor it should b the B. The B and D series motors arent much different either btw.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Chubby Chaser

actually all the d series stuff are compatible with each other
the b" series arent so compatible with each other, for instance
a b18 intake manifold wont fit on a b16 and vice versa or a b20
the b20 block needs modification to make another head fit on it
etc... etc...
and also the Dohc stuff is way more expensive than the sohc stuff

now the B series can take way more of a beating than the D"
the B series has a higher hp/torque outcome than the D

i say build the D series for experience then later look for a swap and buy it, set it aside and build it then when your ready swap it in and sell the built D and then boost the B

Old 11-23-2009, 04:43 AM
HCF Member

i say snag that z6 and find a short block later and its alot easier swap going to another d series than going to a b but it won't be puting out 200whp

Old 11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

I don't need 200hp. I just want to do something I know I can do and learn in the process.

Update: Bought the z6 with the bad block today. It came with wiring harness, alternator, dizzy, vtec solenoid, Intake Manifold (I thought it didnt have this when I talked to the seller) and exhaust manifold. It is only missing the throttle body. Now I need to find a short block like kanarrjl said. I see them come and go for cheap.

Here is a picture of it riding next to me lol
Name:  IMG00847.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  84.0 KB

Quick Reply: Lewy2k's EG Coupe Project Thread