HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Lewy2k's EG Coupe Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Chubby Chaser

Lmao i knew i wasnt the only one

Old 11-23-2009, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
Lmao i knew i wasnt the only one
explain plz

Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Chubby Chaser

ive hauled all kind of stuff in my old hatch, 4cyl and 6 cyl engines, trans, i had 4 goats and 12 chickens in it one night lmao.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
ive hauled all kind of stuff in my old hatch, 4cyl and 6 cyl engines, trans, i had 4 goats and 12 chickens in it one night lmao.
Wow. Thats a little hectic.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:55 AM
HCF Member

ugh, i still disagree with this. The only positive thing i see you getting out of this is the xp, but I guess when u think about xp is very important if you havent tinkered with engines b4. Again i think its a waste of money, i would rather see you build it for a boost project rather than an n/a setup. I'm not tryin to b a d!ck or a downer but I'm just trying to look out for ya. Anyways im still interested in the build and look forward to the progress you make. GL and hope you find a cheap short block. O you should also paint that VC to match your exterior paint.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
ugh, i still disagree with this. The only positive thing i see you getting out of this is the xp, but I guess when u think about xp is very important if you havent tinkered with engines b4. Again i think its a waste of money, i would rather see you build it for a boost project rather than an n/a setup. I'm not tryin to b a d!ck or a downer but I'm just trying to look out for ya. Anyways im still interested in the build and look forward to the progress you make. GL and hope you find a cheap short block. O you should also paint that VC to match your exterior paint.
I understand your concern. I have tinkered around with plenty of motors before and have the confidence to know I could do any job on a d series motor. I have more experience with chevy 8 cylinder motors and that helps with the concept of just about any motor. I just graduated high school and there is nothing stopping me from finishing this build and then deciding I want to build a B or boost a D, I have time. I have my whole life time to make money and I wont regret it even if it yields minimal hp gains.

As for the valve cover I'm not sure. I was thinking black because my CAI is blue. So a red VC and blue intake would look weird I'm assuming.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 PM
HCF Member

So soon I will begin tearing down the motor I bought and keep my eye out for a block on CL. Otherwise I'm saving my money for school and suspension parts which I should be able to purchase early January. I have composed a really rough list of parts for the High Compression d16z6 build. Feel free to post questions, comments and opinions.

D16z6 Motor Build
  • z6 or y8 Manual Transmission
  • P28 ECU
  • OEM Clutch Kit or Aftermarket (undecided)
  • OEM Timing Belt and Tensioner
  • OEM Water Pump
  • OEM y8 Head Gasket
  • OEM Intake and Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
  • Valve Cover Gasket & Tube Seals
  • OEM NGK V-Power Spark Plugs
  • Distributor Cap & Rotor
  • PCV Valve
  • ARP Head Bolts
  • ARP Rod Bolts
  • DOHC ZC or D16a1 High Compression Pistons
  • OEM Piston Rings
  • Crower Stage 2 Camshaft
  • Crower Ti Valve Springs and Retainers
  • OEM Rod Bearings or Aftermarket (undecided)
  • AEM Adjustable Cam Gear (If Needed)
  • Oil Pan Gasket
  • Radiator Hoses
Machine Work
  • Have Rods Shotpeened for extra strength
  • Head milled & port and polished

I know I'm missing small stuff and I'm sure this will all change as time progresses.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

Update: Found a z6 short block complete for about the same price as the one i bought with the bad block. Picking it up Sunday since it only has 100k on it. After I get this my focus will turn to buying parts for the build and lowering my car.

Bought everything to paint the molding, side skirts and lip. I'm waiting for a day off work and some decent weather to motivate me.

Also, ordered a new glove box handle, c pillar bar and wink mirror. Should be here Friday or Monday.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:42 AM
Chubby Chaser

i could have got those parts off the civic part out buddies got, ive still got the dome light also

Old 12-04-2009, 06:13 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Lewy2k
Update: Found a z6 short block complete for about the same price as the one i bought with the bad block. Picking it up Sunday since it only has 100k on it. After I get this my focus will turn to buying parts for the build and lowering my car.

Bought everything to paint the molding, side skirts and lip. I'm waiting for a day off work and some decent weather to motivate me.

Also, ordered a new glove box handle, c pillar bar and wink mirror. Should be here Friday or Monday.
sweet good luck! you still have the other block and head? if so id inspect the parts on both and only use the best off both

Quick Reply: Lewy2k's EG Coupe Project Thread