HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Reaper's Revived Mustang Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default Reaper's Revived Mustang Project

Well, time to bring this back to life.

Here's the run-down of the current modifications:
-OEM 2001 Cobra front bumper
-Mach 1 front lip
-OEM 1999/2001 Cobra hood
-OEM 1999-2004 GT rear bumper
-Vortex generators
-Steeda "race" wing
-Steeda carbon fiber winglets
-MAC long-tube headers
-MAC off-road H-pipe modified to fit Magnaflow high-flow cats
-Summit Racing cat-back exhaust
-Ford Racing Performance Parts 3.73:1 ring/pinion
-Ford Racing Performance Parts limited-slip differential
-American Muscle short-throw shifter
-SCT X3 flash tuner
-Redline Goods custom leather shift boot, parking brake boot, armrest cover

As it sits:
Name:  Eve.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  MustangInterior.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  60.7 KB

So here's the new goals:

-New (to me) passenger door
-New (to me) fenders, RH and LH
-New OEM RH 01-04 GT side scoop (mine is somewhere around the Tennessee/North Carolina border)
-OEM Saleen S281 spoiler
-OEM 2003/2004 SVT Cobra chin spoiler
-Dark smoked OEM-style headlights (I'll be doing an HID projector retrofit)
-17x9/17x10.5" 10th Anniversary Cobra style wheels (flat black, deep dish in rear) with Nitto Nt555 tires
-"Chase" taillight module (look them up on youtube. They're pretty epic)
-Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
-Custom shift/parking brake boots & armrest cover (new ones), suede this time around
-Corbeau seat heaters and inflatable lumbar supports installed in OEM seats
-Alpine IDA-X305 head unit
-Alpine bluetooth unit
-Apline Type-R speakers
-Bilstein HD struts/shocks
-H&R Super Sport springs
-Eibach sway bars
-Maximum Motorsports shortened sway bar end links
-Steeda X2 ball joints
-Maximum Motorsports front alignment plates
-Steeda subframe brace
-Torque box reinforcement plates
-Stifflers FIT system braces (reinforces the frame rails and pinch welds and braces them together)
-MAC ProChamber midpipe
-Flowmaster 40 series mufflers

From here, it's either built V6 (stage III heads, cam, ported upper/lower intakes, roller rockers, hardened pushrods) or bolt-on 4V 4.6L (I/H/E); I haven't really made up my mind just yet and probably won't fully decide until I start buying parts.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

Umm fix that damage first. Nice to see you cracking down and getting a LITTLE more focused lol.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Super Cereal Admin

The door's actually the first on my "to-buy" list (that's why the "appearance" section is priority), followed by the fenders and skirts (when I find a set of terminator skirts for a decent price). Hopefully this project thread will be able to move forward a little faster than the old one now that I'm somewhat financially stable and whatnot. The downside is I have no plans on painting the car until the appearance, chassis, and wheels sections are all done (I still need to decide on a color (probably sticking with red but there may be some flake in the clear) and find a painter. I know someone who does paint and is willing to paint it for next to nothing over cost, but there's the issue of him being able to use the paint shop for a friend). Until then I'll probably be rocking a multi-colored mustang, but it'll be better than driving a dented one

And there's a reason I've waited this long to post again in this section... I wanted to actually think things through and decide what I really wanted before posting another thread

Old 11-07-2010, 06:00 PM

Your headlights are hazy...

I'd ditch the sequential turn signals. They are teh ghey, plus newer mustangs have them STOCK. That's sad.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

Oh Sheeeet. Sheeeet jus got realz.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Your headlights are hazy...

I'd ditch the sequential turn signals. They are teh ghey, plus newer mustangs have them STOCK. That's sad.
It's what happens when you get the bright idea to wax tinted headlights. The OEM headlights are actually on the car right now (and have been for several months). That's just the most recent picture I have of the car as I've had no real reason to take pics lately.

And the old Cougars came with sequentials, too. What's your point? Besides, chase taillights > sequential taillights. They have a "smoother" pattern since they don't all dim at the same time. Also, I don't believe the factory sequential lights work with the brake lights. The chase pattern works with signals, hazards, and brake lights.

For comparison,
Sequential:

Chase:

(the .GIF images aren't the greatest images, but they do the job. They look a lot better in person.)

Besides, the kit I plan on getting has the option to go back to stock flashers in about 10 seconds.

*edit: changed up the appearance section slightly. After seeing pictures of both a car with "custom" side skirt extensions (Olds Achieva sideskirts modified to fit under the stock skirts) again and a picture of a car with the 99-01 Cobra front bumper and 03/04 Cobra chin spoiler, I think that's the route I'll go. Besides, "standard" side skirts will be easier and cheaper to find than Terminator Cobra skirts.

Achieva skirts modded to fit (look closely under the factory skirt for some unpainted black plastic):

99-01 bumper with 03/04 chin (look under the front bumper):

*edit for small changes: The Sequential signals will come when I feel like it (ie, not necessarily with the other "appearance" mods). Instead of replacing the fenders, I've decided to see what I can do with the current fenders (AKA bondo + "cave and pave"). Worst case scenario, I buy new fenders anyway... but I know what I can do with light body work, and I think I can probably get the fenders back into decent shape. Also, I think I'm going to change up the order of operations, reflected in post #1.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Super Cereal Admin

=/

So guess whose driver's window decided to stop working today. While it was rolled down. I'll be figuring out if it's the switch, regulator, or motor tonight after work.

So basically, here's the run-down of what's going to happen this weekend:

-replace window motor (I'd say in order of likelihood, it's 90% motor, 8% switch, and 2% regulator)
-"cave and pave" the fenders
-possibly tint the side windows

Hopefully I'll be able to source a door that doesn't cost a fortune sometime in the next month. After that, it's sideskirts, sideskirt extensions, Cobra front lip, and bullitt sail panels. Then it's time to start working on the drivetrain (clutch, flywheel, and driveshaft will be the first things installed).

Old 11-11-2010, 08:55 AM
July 2010 ROTM

if it helps, i gave $150 for a complete down-to-the-hinges door. window glass, door panel and everything for my sn-95. i know its a thumbnail, and uve seen it before, but once upon a time i had a mustang as well. i had a mach 1 grille delete, mach 1 chin spoiler, and 3 inch cowl hood. really like the hood on that red stang u posted. what trans is in ur car? i THINK mine was a t45. weak and temperamental, espescially on a v8 car. is there a bellhousing that will mate the tremec to ur car?

Attached Thumbnails Reaper's Revived Mustang Project-stang1.jpg  
Old 11-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm hoping I can find one locally for between $100 and $200. If not, I know a guy that parts mustangs out all the time (he's the one I got my Cobra front bumper from) that quoted me at $250 shipped for a door.

And that red car I posted has a 2000 Cobra R hood. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to buy one. It's $500 for a fiberglass one from Cervinis and $600 for a Ford Racing aluminum/fiberglass one, though.

And my car has a T5 in it currently. I wouldn't mind swapping in one of Tremec's TKO 500s or TKO 600s, though.

Oh, and my window decided to work again after I got off work, so I'm thinking it was either a one-time thing or my switch is starting to go out. Either way, I don't plan on putting a motor in this weekend. I might still pull the windows out and tint them, though.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:43 PM
HCF Member

sweet looking mustang.. lights are ill.

Quick Reply: Reaper's Revived Mustang Project