HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

Well I got some more work done today on the car. In school I made a bracket to hold my radiator overflow resivour in my bumper and put it in. Made the the bracket out of steel, bought 4 feet of tubing, and that was all I needed. I think it turned out really good, wasn't hard at all. Just had to drill some holes, I'll eventually come up with a better system to holding the resivour, as of right now it is zip tied... a lot. It doesn't move much so it should be okay til I figure something. With the tank gone it opened up my passenger side even more... going to start wire tucking this week on the passenger side. Driver side really sucks cause I'm keeping ps and ac and windshield whiper fluid, so it is just jammed with stuff over there, at least cruise control is gone now. I'm going to pick up some new tubes to re-run my windshield whiper lines, run them under the hood and not all over the way. Getting paint mixed Wednesday so I can start painting my bay and lip/skirt/grill. Can't wait to start tucking though! Here's some pics of what I've done for those of you who care, which at this point it doesn't seem like anybody is reading my thread but oh well .

And here's my bay as it is!

Also I'm looking at maybe getting some hx rims and painting them myself, still waiting on selling my Drags though, riding on steelies .

Old 11-23-2009, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

Your financial situation is exactly the same as mine. Good paying job but need to save for college lol. It sucks but once you get a quarters tuition out of the way its great.

As for the project its looking good. I like the progress so far.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

I always read your thread but due to my post count I try not to leave quick posts saying "Good Job" and what not lol, I save em for all my negative comments I make towards people Good Idea On the overflow tank, but what if you need to refill it?

Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

Yay someone cares lol, my rad is max right now but if I had to fill it taking the bumper off isn't too bad. Ive takin of my bumper so many times now I can have it off in probably 3 minutes.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

Wow I haven't gotten to anything at all, haven't had anything to really do! Not really going to buy anything for big projects til after xmas since I'll be getting a lot of stuff for xmas. Haven't done much to the car though, been helping out some friends. Re-wired a stereo, wired up someones amp/subs, wired in neons, been a lot of stuff but I get nice side money out of the little things.

Still trying to sell my drags, deciding whether I want slips or hxs still, and going to probably paint them purple . Also I've been thinkign that I might go the turbo route come summer, I was looking into swapping but I think a turbo would be more fun. My only problem is I don't know 1/2 the stuff about turbos that I do about swapping. So my research begins, have to figure out what kinds of turbo/size/everything I need/etc. A swap I could do at my house but a turbo I'd end up having to take to a guy I know, so that's a negative but we'll see, plenty of time. Any input would be nice towards which route to go. I know I'll get some about why max ou my d when I could get a b with almost as much hp as the d, and have no mods. But I love turbos and it'd be sweet to have a turbo d, instead of the overused b16/b18.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
HCF Member

Turbo D FTW!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 PM
HCF Member

i vote turbo d
but thats cuz im about to have one

Old 12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

Hmm I am kind of leaning towards turbo but I don't know much about buying or installing a turbo, whereas a swap I could do. Also a swap would be cheaper and I could build up the swap whereas the d would be pretty much peaked with the turbo, at least peaked for me. I've got time to read and time to learn though, not like I'm turboing soon (expecting 11 inches of snow on wednesday, good thing I didn't put my springs on last month and the lip is comin off tonight lol), it'd be summer when I would.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

nice log im subscribed i say turbo the d but thats just me

Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

Hmm, I'm looking in to getting some night shade for my tails, but I want to get the brightest bulbs possible to keep the cops off my butt (and my dads a cop so the legal stuff that deals with safety he cares about... exhaust and what not no). I was looking at getting led bulbs in place of the oem bulbs, but I read that they aren't brighter than normal bulbs. I don't plan on going 100% black, but a nice smoke to them. Not sure on how I am going to do them either, I'll probably have these tail lights for a while since I don't feel like spending $75 on a new pair, my sister won't rtade with me, they rarely go on cl, and junk yards don't have them for more than 20 min after the car rolls up. Any ideas on what sections to smoke?

Running to the junk yard this weekend most likely, get a new valve cover, try and find some door speaker covers so I can cut mine up to try somethin out, look for some nice seats, and new civic emblem since I lost mine.

Quick Reply: Scott's Ek Build: Shaved and Tucked