HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

sfazngiants' VSM '99 Civic HX

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

got the ddm tuning hids in the mail 4 days ago and installed them. here it is

they are 35 watts 4500k. the foglights are nokya yellow halogen bulb, just for comparison on brightness. oh and the rain like thing you see, it is not rain, it is san francisco fog. lol

i'll try to get shots of them lighting the road another time. the fog was hitting the lens

Name:  DSC_1159.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:  DSC_1158.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  29.3 KB

Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 AM

Looks good! BTW, what was the date when you had ordered them? I still have yet to receive an E-mail about them shipping out or anything like that, and I am trying to be patient haha

Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Damn that **** looks good lmao i lovethe 4500k HID's

If i ever end up getting HID's ima do them and when i order my fogs (hopefully this winter-ish) ima go with either some kind of HID's or something like you did with the halogens

Anyway good job with the install tho and it looks hella good

Old 06-02-2010, 12:54 PM

Isn't putting the hid in a halogen housing bad?

edit. Isn't it blinding to on coming drivers?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Looks good! BTW, what was the date when you had ordered them? I still have yet to receive an E-mail about them shipping out or anything like that, and I am trying to be patient haha
I ordered them May 8th and got a delivery confirmation on May 25th and i got them on May 28th.

Originally Posted by novice22
Isn't putting the hid in a halogen housing bad?

edit. Isn't it blinding to on coming drivers?
yes it is blinding, but aiming them down will help ease that problem but wont solve it. I think my car is low enought where it dont blind as much. i think its just as bright as my foglights and i dont see the light reflecting off the car in front of mines rearview mirror.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

if anyone was keeping up with my update my gas needle on my gauges were messed up and i was unable to fix my gauges. so i went ahead to ebay and ordered a used from the junk yard another gauge cluster. plugged it in and started it up and fixed the problem. it was a PITA not having the gas gauge to look at and not knowing how much gas i got left.

next step is to get some led bulbs for the gauges.

also planning to sell the gauge cluster i got for parts. people that are reading my project thread gets the dibs on it if anyone is even interested in it. so about the cluster it has been dremeled and led strips hot glued onto the cluster (addiction2bass's LED gauges DIY). now about this part it is not soldered onto to the circuit board. the led's are white and they do light up. the parts that comes with it is that plus the whole gauge cluster assembly including the plastic cover. The tach and speedometer works perfectly with 89,944 miles on it. i have not yet test the gas/temp automatic vtec-e gauge out yet. but will today or tomorrow. bulbs will not be included. send me a message if anyone is interested or need more info.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
HCF Member

swapped in the working gauges today and also ordered new led bulbs for then in cool white and also got green leds for the signals . will post pics when i get them and possibly a DIY with step by steps and bulb sizes to get, if anyone is interested

Old 09-03-2010, 06:08 PM
HCF Member

I was wondering did u paint the lip and all that urself? if so, where did u get the spray paint from cuz i dont think they would have the color at normal stores.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 PM
HCF Member

Yup painted them myself. I got the paint from kragen/o'reiley, or autozone have them as well. Its by duplicolor and its silver (m). its not an exact match but its close enough.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
Yup painted them myself. I got the paint from kragen/o'reiley, or autozone have them as well. Its by duplicolor and its silver (m). its not an exact match but its close enough.
alryte thanks!

Quick Reply: sfazngiants' VSM '99 Civic HX