HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sigracer10's EJ8 Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
HCF Member

ya right now they updated that they have sent out through 87556, so you should be pretty soon. Probably the next shipment. I'm 887xx so I'm probably going to be waiting a shipment or two before mine get sent out.

And as far as the ballasts, I really have no idea yet. Theres not too much space since I have my power steering fluid reservoir and cruise control stuff behind the light on the driver side, and the factory air box on the passenger side. I'm hoping to be able somewhere on the engine bay wall that is up against the fenders, but I'm not sure if they will fit, I'll just have to wait for the HIDs to get here before I will be able to know for sure.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

Just got an email from DDM Tuning that my HIDs are on their way, but Fedex hasn't updated the tracking yet so I don't know when they'll be here. Hope they get here by the end of the week.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 PM

I got my e-mail yesterday and fedex updated today. Mine should be here on Thursday, so maybe yours will get there around then since you are in TX, and I am in PA. Can't wait!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:22 AM
HCF Member

Got my HIDs in today! Unfortunately its looking like Monday afternoon will be the first day I will have time to put them in due to school and work. Took a picture of the kit though. Good camera isn't working so you get crappy cell phone pic.

Name:  0610101415-00.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  54.3 KB

Old 06-10-2010, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

What make is that kit?

Old 06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

they are DDM Tuning (ddmtuning.com). 35 watt H4 w/ Hi/Low 6k bulbs. Slim Ballasts.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

And a side note. The ballasts are quite small. They are much smaller than I expected. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hide them very well, but it looks like it will actually be pretty easy.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

Got my HIDs in yesterday afternoon!. Color looks really good, and I'm really happy with how bright they are. Luckily I didn't have to adjust the headlights very much.

Only bad thing is that I might have a problem with one of the ballasts. When I first hooked them up, I had the suspected ballast on the driver side, and when I turned them on, only the passenger headlight worked. So I did the easy thing and switched the bulbs, and same thing, only the passenger side worked. So I know both bulbs work. I then switched the ballasts so that the suspected ballast is now on the passenger side. Then when I turned them on they both worked. Everything worked from then on so I didn't think anything else about it until last night. I was driving, and the passenger side light just turned off. I was on my way to school so I didn't have any time to mess with it, but when I was leaving to go home, it turned on just fine. So its an intermittent problem.

I'm going to watch it over the next couple of days and see if it keeps doing it, and if it does it again then I'll have to be getting in touch with DDM to get a replacement

Last edited by Sigracer10; 06-15-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

it has been way too long since I have updated, but i guess what schools does to ya.

Still haven't gotten the HID situation figured out. I haven't even tried to because I have been way too busy. School Mon-Thurs, Work Fri-Sun. but now that I finished one of my classes I should have more time available to try and get them working properly.

Also I went to get an alignment done about a week ago because I have been noticing the car pull randomly both left and right. I figured that something had just worked itself out of alignment over time. Turns out that the bearing on the front passenger is going out. So the wheel just freely rotates around the axle about a 1/4 inch. So that is going to be replaced in the next week or so. And since the bearing has to be pressed in, I am going to have to pay someone to do it. The quote i got from the shop that works on my car was $225. but it has to be done. Then I can go back and have my alignment checked just to be completely sure.

Hopefully after getting this resolved, I will be able to go get my tint redone, which is what I planned on doing with the money that will be going toward the bearing.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

Just a suggestion, why not go to a junkyard around you and see if you can find a good hub from there and spend not even 50 bucks and swap it in. It will save you alot. Also when my car was pulling i thought it was the bearing as well advanced auto said a new bearing was like 50 bucks and the mechanics down the road would press the old one out and the new one in for about 10-15, why does your mechanic want 225?! Thats rediculous imo.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

my mechanic was actually the cheapest I found. The other couple of quotes I got were $300 and $350. Most of it is labor for having to pull apart the suspension, swap out the bearing, then put it all back together again. The bearing itself from honda is only something like $60-70. I could definitely pull apart the suspension and put it back together, I just have no idea where I would be able to get the bearing pressed in.

edit: and for a part like this, I'm not going to get out of a junk yard. I would rather spend a little more to get a new one

Quick Reply: Sigracer10's EJ8 Project Thread