HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Sigracer10's EJ8 Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

You should be able to take the hub assembly out and just take it to a shop, most should have presses.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

Finally got a little bit of work done. Got some more Dynamat in today. I covered the rear deck where the speakers are, behind the side panels of the back seat, and all around the rear wheel wells. Made a huge difference in the amount of road noise.

I still plan on doing the floor and part of the firewall, and that will probably be it for Dynamat.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

Alright so I got somethin else done to the car today. I got the window tint redone. I have been wanting to do this since day 1. The tint on the rear 3 windows were purple, and the front 2 didnt match the rest. Plus the rear window was bubbling off like crazy around the rear defroster elements.

I actually stripped off the old tint myself just to save some money. That was the biggest pain in the butt ever. I will never do that again. It sucks, its messy, and ammonia smells horrible. Then I took it to a local shops that has tinted multiple cars for me and my family. They have always done a great job, so they will always get my business as long as I live here.

edit: and by the way its 30 on the sides, and 15 on the back

and the pics:

the old tint. the tint doesn't look near as purple in the picture as it did in person.

Name:  DSCF0554.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  147.0 KB

and you can see the bubbling really well in this pic

Name:  DSCF0556.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  119.9 KB

and here is all the pics of the new tint.

Name:  DSCF0557.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  DSCF0558.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  DSCF0559.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  172.8 KB

Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Wow so ive never seen your wheels for some reason. Those are really nice! Are they 16's? They look like it haha

But your tint looks billions of times better now :P Im wanting to completely detint my car. I like that look better than having tint.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

ya they are 16x7 +40mm offset. Why in the world would you want to get rid of your tint in Texas? I have had cars here with both tint and no tint, and tint is way better.

and ive been wanting to get the tint redone so bad since I bought the car, but everytime i saved up enough money to get it done something more important came up that required my funds. but its finally done now, and hopefully I never have to worry about it again.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Cause of the look. It just looks cleaner imo. And my a/c already works like crap so im used to the terrible heat in my car ha idk i havent decided fully. My tint is like purple/blue on 2 windows and then black/good on one so it blows. i cant see at night.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:29 PM
HCF Member

I'm not a fan of tint either. Just another thing for me to get pulled over for, and I've got nothin to hide. If someone wants to see in my car to see what's worth taking let them see there's nothin. My dad being a police officer also brings up a good point that the tint is putting unneccsary stress on cops. When they pull you over, they can't tell if you are getting a gun or whatever, so for tofficers safety I also keep them untinted. As much as I dislike cops, I respect them and the risks they take.

And damn sig you need to wash your car, at least the rims. So much brake dust on em...

Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 PM
HCF Member

Tint looks good. I still trying to decide if i wanna strip it off or if I wanna get it redone and ditch the purple cancer tint.

Just curious, how much did it run you? 15 and 30 looks real nice on your car

Old 08-10-2010, 08:04 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Just another thing for me to get pulled over for, and I've got nothin to hide. If someone wants to see in my car to see what's worth taking let them see there's nothin.
Ya I see what you're sayin, cuz I never have anything in my car either. But my tint is perfectly legal, and in person you can see right through the side windows. I have it mainly cuz its hot as crap Texas.

Originally Posted by Scott53092
And damn sig you need to wash your car, at least the rims. So much brake dust on em...
Ya I know. the brake pads that I have are the worst when it comes to brake dust. So whenever I clean the car, the front wheels are covered in brake dust again in about a week. And I am way too lazy to clean the wheels every week.

Originally Posted by Hailchristian
Tint looks good. I still trying to decide if i wanna strip it off or if I wanna get it redone and ditch the purple cancer tint.

Just curious, how much did it run you? 15 and 30 looks real nice on your car
i paid $130 for the tint. plus an additional $35 to strip and clean the rear window. After tax it came out to $178.

If I hadn't stripped the front windows myself, they were going to charge me $230 plus tax.

And I am super happy to not see the purple cancer tint out my rear view mirror any more.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

Ya I had my tint done professionally and paid the $230, but hey it's worth it either way!

Your car has come a long way bud and loving the progress, tint and Wheels look great what a simple, but sexy EK! Ill be keeping a watch out for this ride I love it!

Quick Reply: Sigracer10's EJ8 Project Thread