HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Speed JUnkyz saves a life

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i know, i took de-greasser and let it SOAK in it overnight, then pressure washed it, then soakin in gegreaser again and scrubbed it, i couldnt get half of it off lol.. oh, and tryed scraping and sanding too.. nothing worked

Old 03-04-2010, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
How did you get the valve cover that clean again on the inside? I had to send mine off to be hot tanked before it can be powdercoated.

Patience lol jk um I used brake parts cleaner, wd-40, and used degreaser for the final cutter...A lot of scrubbing. At the end i used air lines to blow all the water out of the nooks and crannies

Last edited by Speed JUnkyz; 03-04-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

Awesome Thread, I love these sedans, im looking at getting one with a good body myself, i dont care about the mechanical, when im done with my new one, nothing will be stock ha ha.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

Up at school I get to use our parts cleaner whenever so when I pick up a valve cover (which is often, at least one a month) I always run it through there. My valve covers always look like new and clean as can be inside.

It has been sitting a while in the collection, that is my next project though. Already completely shaved and filled in some unneccesary stuff.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

<>V^Thats awesome. I wish I had a parts cleaner

Old 03-04-2010, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

Yea I get to use the sandblaster too. So whenever something comes off thats rusty/dirty just sandblast and paint. Sandblasting valve covers gets EVERYTHING off of them, not a spec of anything on them. My first vc I did I got lazy and just sanded the flat areas, so many chunks and uneveness. Now they come out perfect.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

ok well brakes are tight now....wasn't much air in them surprisingly.

Seeing your cleaned valve cover is making me want to clean mine more HAHA!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

Ok so I got a little adventurous and decided to tighten some stuff up.

Whats that hose going into that boot? An why? Its like that on both sides. Does not look like its factory because the boots look like a hole was poked through it and the line is just sitting in there. Doesn't look very professional.

First off the E-brake was looser than a 2 dolla hoe on saturday night. So I maxed it out. I believe the next time this has to be tightened it'll need replaced.

Also need some speakers and a radio lol. Anyone know what size?

I figured while i had the center console apart, that I'd clean it up some. So I took apart the shifter area aswell

OOOO Look what I found... Im rich now...Maybe that'll go to my motors restore

I also found a way to fix mt turn signal light housing. First off it was missing from day one so I bought another. Then the headlight bracket that it screw into was broken so i just used a nut and bolt. But the alignment still looks off to me....anyone else?

Finally I decided to remove the A/c. Not sure if its politically correct but i did lol

If you want before and after pics I will post, but for now here is the after.

And if anyone wants it I might throw it up in the for sale section....not sure if it has any value.

Last edited by Speed JUnkyz; 03-05-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:34 PM
HCF Member

Man this is great!
Good job so far lol.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

thank you. I hope tomorrow my friend will be at his shop so I can continue working on my head. Maybe I will have it completed by monday...so I can start the assembly of frankencivic.

Quick Reply: Speed JUnkyz saves a life