HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Switch263's 1997 Civic DX project

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 07:49 AM

240sx people don't care about their cars. They expect to throw them into a wall while drifting, thus the reason they will buy cheap crap parts

I am sure megan coil overs are manufactured right next to most all other brands, but made with different colors.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:56 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
240sx people don't care about their cars. They expect to throw them into a wall while drifting, thus the reason they will buy cheap crap parts

I am sure megan coil overs are manufactured right next to most all other brands, but made with different colors.
Hah! I'd have to agree about manufacturing, seems thats the case with most brands!

I'll see what I can do about getting some pictures soon. I was really hoping to get my bodywork started (its honestly embarrassing how beat up this car is) before doing much photo work, and when I was doing the work I forgot to have my dad snap some pics, since I was filthy from the old suspension bits.

All in all though I'm perfectly happy with the MR coilovers. Great product for the price IMO. Now if only I can figure out for sure if I have a bent tie rod or if the alignment is just off.... I know theres a 'lift the car and yank the wheel around' test but I forget which directions correlate to which part. Is it side-to-side slop == tie rod and top/bottom slop == control arm?

Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

Well, I threw my back out moving living room furniture. :/ Civic is on the backburner for a few days while I eat painkillers like pez... heh.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by switch263
I eat painkillers like pez... heh.
Lucky SOB. Do want.... Without the actual pain though.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM
HCF Member

Lucky SOB. Do want.... Without the actual pain though.
Hah! It'd be a lot more fun if the painkillers did anything other than barely take the edge off.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 AM
HCF Member

Well, it looks like the civic build is on hold temporarily, due to the sexy girl that followed me home last night

Name:  dqKzj.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  186.0 KB

Name:  aRI9N.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  167.9 KB

2012 Yamaha FZ8. Man, I completely forgot how much I missed riding!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:14 AM

Ugh.... don't make me anymore jealous than I already am. I have been wanting to learn how to ride for the past 3-4 years and I have just never gotten around to it. Something about clutching with your hand and shifting with your feet is just throwing me off. That and I don't have extra money to buy one.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:24 AM
HCF Member

Ugh.... don't make me anymore jealous than I already am. I have been wanting to learn how to ride for the past 3-4 years and I have just never gotten around to it. Something about clutching with your hand and shifting with your feet is just throwing me off. That and I don't have extra money to buy one.
Hah, I know what you mean bud! Honestly, I learned to ride 'properly' by taking the beginner's riding course. You can contact your local DMV to find out who offers them in your area, most likely, but they're not overly cheap usually. Down here in TX they run around $200. My course was a 3-day (8 hours a day) system, friday thru sunday, and we rode 125cc Suzuki's. Nice and low torque so really easy to learn the clutch/shift methods with, and they're awesomely light, so you don't have to concern yourself with being able to hold the weight of the bike while you learn.

Plus, proper instruction means you'll know how to ride properly and not be one of those guys giving us all a bad name on the highway!!

I wouldn't give up riding if my life depended on it. Its one of the very very few things I can do where I legitimately feel free.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:32 AM

LOL, to make matters worse, as long as you have a helmet, PA offers the lessons for free . I can walk in and get my moto permit immediately, and go through the free course (a few meetings a week for like 2-3 weeks or so) to get my license.

I am just lazy.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:42 AM
HCF Member

LOL, to make matters worse, as long as you have a helmet, PA offers the lessons for free . I can walk in and get my moto permit immediately, and go through the free course (a few meetings a week for like 2-3 weeks or so) to get my license.

I am just lazy.
LOL! You should so do it man! I love riding; I honestly don't understand how I was ever happy before I climbed onto my first motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Switch263's 1997 Civic DX project