HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:18 PM

got some PIAA foglight bulbs and some LED bulbs for my gauge cluster indicators. Some old bulbs were burnt out, including one of my foglight bulbs.

For anyone who is wondering, LEDs do not work in the cruise control light in the cluster or the check engine light. What happens is they stay on even when the light is suppose to be off.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL ya i hate it when they are like that! it did that on my old truck with the air bag light and led it sucked!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:11 PM

Alright guys, got some better pics of the LEDs. It's still on my camera phone, but I turned off all the lights in the garage and the house outdoor lights and got some pretty decent pictures. In the pics you can see the LEDs in my dash switches, gauge cluster, a/c controls, dome light, and courtesy lights (light up the floor and come on at the same time as the dome light).

Also, been having some water leak problems, and I suspect it is the seal at the bottom of the rear window, as that appears to be the only possible seal that could cause this particular leak. All my other seals are great, but this one's pretty dry. Plus, It's like the trim on the 92-95 Civics that is silver with black paint and the black paint always chips off, and I had to repaint this thing, so I figure even if it's not this seal that is leaking (doubtful), i'll at least have a new trim piece and the exterior will look a little better.

Also, got some Kicker 5.25" midbass drivers hooked up for my front speakers along with the tweeters I already had. They sound great. I hear so many parts of songs that i've never been able to hear before. I've ordered matching 6.5" kicker components to use for rear speakers, and i'm going to sell the tweeters those come with, and use the crossovers for my current front speaker setup. So basically, all four corners will be midbass drivers, with the addition of the tweeters in my door panels. I'll get pictures when I get the other drivers installed, or maybe tomorrow. I switched back to OEM speaker grilles so it'll be easy to take pics of the speakers.

Here's the LED pics!

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:31 PM

took pics of the new front speakers. rear speakers are on their way here.

here's some up-to-date interior shots too.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

thats hot.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:29 PM

new rear speakers are set to arrive today. :excited:

nevermind the UPS E.T.A. changed. errrrrr

Last edited by trustdestruction; 05-29-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:57 AM
HCF Member

I caught the ninja edit!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 AM

Got some stuff today...

first I got a new rear window lower seal (similar to the lower straight side window seals on 92-00 Civics, the one with rubber coating that always fades off and exposes the silver underneath)... pics tomorrow if requested. My old one was leaking a little and of course was faded, so it's nice to have this minty fresh one on there.

Aside from that, I got rear fender weatherstripping (the rubber liners that line the fender lip, which is also nice because they're fresh soft rubber and they look way better. My old ones were missing.

And on to the fun stuff... got my new rear speakers in. They're Kicker components (wanted them for the woofers), and I am selling the tweeters, and I put the crossovers up front to replace my crappy Visonik ones. In the process, I noticed that my old front speakers were firing in reverse XD the entire time. lol

Old rears:

NEWWWWWWWWW

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 PM

Got my front splash guard from Majestic Honda today, and put it on already. Yay for easy installs. I'll take some pics when I receive my new fender liners and install those.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 PM

My old headlights' seals were leaking moisture into the headlight because I had to trim the rubber to fit my old HIDs in there. Also, when my old bulb got wet and exploded, it basically ruined the finish on the reflector in the headlight.

So, I bought new ones. Got them today. Sealed them up real good with silicone around the edges of the lens, took like an hour. Then installed them, and my new bulbs (Nokya 5000k halogens).

lol@feet in last picture...

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project