HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

na thanks. all my moneys going into the truck lately.LOL

i would hook the ballast up to the battery directly and see if it works fine or not... maybe its just your stock wiring which can be the problem not giving th eballast enough power.
just check it before ya trash anything! shocked they messed up mine still working great.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:45 PM

Got tired of having to put a quart of oil in every couple months so I went ahead and changed the oil pan gasket. It was rock hard and stuck to the oil pan so bad that it took 15 minutes to get the whole gasket off.

New oil and filter too, and finally installed my Password:JDM magnetic oil drain bolt.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:01 AM

got the new gauge cluster today. swapped the bezel to convert it to a manual cluster, put it in with some new T1.5 LEDs from superbrightleds.com, and it works! no more incorrect speedometer.
rolled back the odometer to match my correct mileage.

I'll get pics when I finish my LED dash mods. I have to re-do my climate control with different LEDs because the new blue ones in my cluster don't match the old. I'm probably just going to make the climate control white LEDs. Did the dash switch LED mod too, like in danomatic93's DIY. Just waiting on a new cruise control switch before I can add the LEDs to that switch.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:13 PM

Alright, i'm getting very tired of my harbor freight click-type torque wrench... you can't even tell when it clicks. So, I ordered a Craftsman 3/8" torque wrench with the little scale thing on it that tells you how much torque you are applying.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I got one at pep boys for 15 bucks 2 years ago that still works great. It is the scale type.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:34 PM

since I fixed my cluster I decided I would re-do the lighting with plug n' play bulbs, and I re-did the climate control because the blue that was in it didn't match my new cluster bulbs.
SO, I decided to go with white, so that the temp slider's red wouldn't look purple.
here's what it looked like before today:

I was browsing oznium and I found this for $10. (the black skinny one)

It's a couple inches long and has double sided tape on the back. It has 6 110º viewing angle LEDs on it, and It fit PERFECTLY in the area where the two stock bulbs are (about the same as on an EG civic). I was worried it would be too bright, but it's actually perfect. The pictures really don't do it justice, it's a nice even glow and it looks 100X better in person. In person it doesn't overpower the red/blue temp display like it does in the picture.

The blue LEDs in the cluster and from superbrightleds.com, and they are the T-1.5 HP bulbs.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 07-30-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

look pretty sweet

Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 PM

Oh, and I also installed a Metra hide-away amplified antenna. It's behind my rear interior panels. Now I can keep my AM/FM, and still have my antenna block off plate.

(del Sol with antenna up looks like an R/C car)

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Nice work! Looks really good!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:56 PM

thanks (I got the inspiration to try these LEDs in the gauge cluster from your DIY btw)

one of these days maybe i'll get a better camera. lol

Oh, and I have some Kicker midbass drivers coming in the mail to use as front speakers, and i'm going to move my current fronts to the rear, and sell the old rears. I got a deal I couldn't pass up ($30 for brand new 5 1/4" kickers)

I also have a guy that might make me a custom box for my subwoofers, so I can regain most of my trunk space by better placing the subwoofers in the trunk. It's going to go in the trunk, behind the strut bar, so i'll have all the room between the strut bar and the back of the car free. He even has carpet that matches the OEM Honda trunk carpet.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 05-21-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: trustdestruction's Civic del Sol Si Project