HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Vartok's Civic restoration/eventual upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM
HCF Member

body work only... no reason to fix the paint on the trunk when im going to repaint the whole thing next year

Old 03-19-2011, 11:14 AM
HCF Member

Ordered a ebay CAI and it should be here tuesday... now i know the filters on them are crap and that i should replace it with a AEM or K&N. But whats the reason? is it just air flow or do the cheap filters actually not filter as well (compaired to like a stock filter)

Old 03-19-2011, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

if its a foam style one, the heat can actually make them fall apart and peices of it can go into your motor...

Old 03-19-2011, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

from the photo on the description, it looks to be a paper one.... thanks for the info about the foam, if it has that, ill go out and buy one and toss the foam in the trash... if its paper, ill prolly wait a bit

Old 03-19-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

About the body work cost...what all needs to be done to stop the leaks? The costs could vary dramatically depending on what you need done. The pics you have on ur first page don't help us much, the whole rear end looks like a tornado hit it (no offense) lol

Maybe all you'd need is the weather/rubber seal between the truck lid and the trunk space itself? Like I said earlier, I can't tell much from the pics you have but i couldn't see any rubber there?

Another idea is the spacing/gaps...see if you couldn't try to adjust the trunk lid yourself. I am not there to see your scenario so sorry if this isn't helping any but I know that I am a cheap @ss and would be doing everything in my power to avoid paying a shop to fix something for me.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
About the body work cost...what all needs to be done to stop the leaks? The costs could vary dramatically depending on what you need done. The pics you have on ur first page don't help us much, the whole rear end looks like a tornado hit it (no offense) lol

Maybe all you'd need is the weather/rubber seal between the truck lid and the trunk space itself? Like I said earlier, I can't tell much from the pics you have but i couldn't see any rubber there?

Another idea is the spacing/gaps...see if you couldn't try to adjust the trunk lid yourself. I am not there to see your scenario so sorry if this isn't helping any but I know that I am a cheap @ss and would be doing everything in my power to avoid paying a shop to fix something for me.
It looks like a PO backed into a pole or something, the trunk lid and truck are buckled in and theres about a inch gap.. they said they will have to put it on the frame rack to pull the back end straight.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Damn yah thats costly...then 300 isn't a bad deal if thats what they'd charge you to do that. I know that all the shops around me (San Antonio, TX) charge an arm and a leg for any body work idk why. I inquired about them fixind the rear end of my hatch (minor dent repair and paint touch up in a spot) and they wanted over 850 I told em they were crazy and walked out lol

You gonna have to get a new bumper and/or trunk lid or are they not dented/part of the problem?

Old 03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
Damn yah thats costly...then 300 isn't a bad deal if thats what they'd charge you to do that. I know that all the shops around me (San Antonio, TX) charge an arm and a leg for any body work idk why. I inquired about them fixind the rear end of my hatch (minor dent repair and paint touch up in a spot) and they wanted over 850 I told em they were crazy and walked out lol

You gonna have to get a new bumper and/or trunk lid or are they not dented/part of the problem?
the bumper was replaced by a PO, and the shop said they could fix the lid

Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Hmmm then you should be lucky to have that deal...wish there were a shop by me willing to do a good bit of work like that for a price like that...good luck.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

got my headlights and ebay cai installed.... 2 things (will post pics later)

1. I didnt realise how much a cai would increase... exhaust volume... not im gonna have to look into redoin the exhaust a little sooner than planed... or just get used to it

2.got the headlights in (have yet to aim them due to rain) but they dont fit real well... they are too close to be body on one side and too far on the other,,, suggestions or is this what i get for buying ebay lights... i did like the wire harness they cam with though.... the harness has a set of relays that keep the low beams on when i hit the highs... handy for when i get the HIDs for them

Quick Reply: Vartok's Civic restoration/eventual upgrade