HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Vartok's Civic restoration/eventual upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

@2. My oem replacement headlights I got for my hatch didn't fit 100% normal when I got them put on but I tended not to care because they were a hell-of-a-lot better than the ugly a$$ halo/projector housing ones that were on it. They were form ebay too though so idk if thats the reason or not. Also, you don't have high beams with those headlights? Isn't that like, not safe? Or do you not have to worry about that where you live?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:53 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
@2. My oem replacement headlights I got for my hatch didn't fit 100% normal when I got them put on but I tended not to care because they were a hell-of-a-lot better than the ugly a$$ halo/projector housing ones that were on it. They were form ebay too though so idk if thats the reason or not. Also, you don't have high beams with those headlights? Isn't that like, not safe? Or do you not have to worry about that where you live?
i got the halo/projector lights, which are 2 bulb insted of one.... as soon as it quits raining ill take some pics

Old 03-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Oh yah i forgot you were talking about those before...my bad.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

ok heres the pics

Name:  IMG_0596.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  119.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0608.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  69.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0610.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  87.4 KB

I think i can live with the fit od the passanger side... but the driver side is off *hood actually comes over it a bit) But im going to pull the bumper off again this week and see if i can streighten it out....

I dont know if its my imagination or not... but after i put on the CAI, it seems to creep up speed wise worse than before (im prolly just not used to it) but this really makes me want to fix the cruse control. I have no horn, no cruse and a SRS light, so i imagin that the "clock spring" is broken... where can i get one? autopart stores dont seems to have it for the car, unless its called something else. Junkyards arnt an option, no civics

Old 03-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Clock spring AKA cable reel. Junk yard is the cheapest.

[edit] oh, no civics. Eh, ... www.hondaautomotiveparts.com ?

Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

OUCH! $250 is a bit more than i was expecting.... back to ebay >.<

this is it correct?

92-95 Honda Civic ClockSpring Coil Reel Spring SRS OEM - eBay (item 180623933413 end time Apr-10-11 21:29:44 PDT)

Old 03-28-2011, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

99-00 Si Civic Parts/Integra parts - Honda-Tech

I'm not sure if the ek clock/reel is the same as an eg but if it is it is only $30.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

quick update... got the bought the reel off someone on honda-tech.... ordered a new seatbelt buckle (the part thats attached to the seat) last week, it came in and got that swapped out...

While i was up there, i talked to one of the techs about my tranny, took it for a test drive and looked at the fluid... said the fluid was fairly dirty but didnt smell burnt... suggested a drain and fill to help with the hard shifts. How many quarts should i pick up and whats the best way to go about doing it? Id rather not pick up too much, seeing how its $8 a quart here.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

Tranny takes like 1.8 qts or something, it is under 2, fill until it comes out the fill plug.

And you didn't need to buy a new seat belt. Honda (actually, all auto makers) have lifetime warranties on seat belts. As long as it isn't tampered with, they have to fix it.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Tranny takes like 1.8 qts or something, it is under 2, fill until it comes out the fill plug.

And you didn't need to buy a new seat belt. Honda (actually, all auto makers) have lifetime warranties on seat belts. As long as it isn't tampered with, they have to fix it.
Just makign sure, but you know its an auto? im fairly sure it doesnt have a fill plug.

I know they do. But its looks liek the PO tryed to fix it (button stuck down) so it voided the warranty....

Quick Reply: Vartok's Civic restoration/eventual upgrade