HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

xsteinbachx 2000 Honda Civic Si Project (Canadian)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:43 PM
HCF Member
Default xsteinbachx 2000 Honda Civic Si Project (Canadian)

-Parts Installed-
CAI
Upper Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars
Bixenons
Type R Grill
Skunk2 Short Shifter & **** w/ Bushings
Megan Drift Spec Catback
Omni Power Full Coilovers
DC Sport 4-2-1 Ceramic Header
Hi-Flow Cat

-Parts That Need To Be Installed-
Front Camber Kit
Rear Camber Kit

-Parts To Buy-
Type R Front Lip
Tint
LCAs ?
Sway Bar
ASR Sub Frame Brace
Intake Manifold ?
Rims/Tires

? = Not sure if I really need/care to buy it

Updated *November 11th 2008*

Last edited by xsteinbachx; 06-12-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

Found out my cousins Ex has a Megan Catback Drift Spec and said he'd sell them to me for 100 bucks. He said he also has a Megan 4-2-1 D series header and tie bar also and would consider selling them to me.

**Update**

Picked up the Catback I'm going to install it when i put in my short shifter.

Last edited by xsteinbachx; 11-03-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

Buying Omni Power Full Coilovers this weekened if I get the chance to meet the guy when I'm in Vancouver. If not I'll be waiting for probably a week or two for them to be approved by Paypal before he'll ship them.

I also finally received my Poly bushings and Skunk2 Shift ****. Holy **** that things heavy. I threw it on my stock shifter to try it out and I'm very satisfied. I plan on installing the bushings/shifter/catback this Monday&Tuesday

Last edited by xsteinbachx; 11-05-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 PM

Nice work so far
I see you have a lot to do in the near future.

A bit of advice: on the megan racing header, if it hasn't been put together yet (the 2 pieces), put copper RTV sealant on that gasket that goes in between the two pieces. Megan headers sometimes have problems with that gasket, and doing that when i replaced my gasket for the 3rd time solved the problem for good. If it has already been assembled, just leave it assembled and don't worry about the copper RTV unless the gasket ever blows. If it ever blows, then is the time to consider using copper RTV.

Also, I wouldn't waste money on a new intake manifold, because the Y8 one is already pretty decent. If you really want a better intake manifold, get your head ported and polished and the intake manifold port matched, and get the throttle body/intake manifold bored out as much as possible (60mm is good... although i'm not sure if you can bore it out that much). Though if you are planning on going turbo, I wouldn't do anything with the intake manifold, and just put that money towards the turbo project.

If you get LCAs, consider getting some energy suspension polyurethane bushings for them, it will be worth it (if you just get the ones for the LCAs it won't be that expensive).

The list/project is looking pretty good, keep up the good work

Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 AM

I agree with Trust Destruction. Intake mani is kinda over kill unless you need the extra air etc. I replaced mine, but only because the head was off and all I had to do was swap injectors etc.

Usually, the rear LCA bolt will "freeze" on Civics (maybe other cars, too) when removing the rear suspension. I am told it is alot easier to simply replace the Rear LCA's and bolts.

You got the 440 gram shift ****, right? That's what I have. Very awkward to hold when not on the shifter as it is very top heavy. Hope you enjoy it.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

nice project you got going on. got to post up pics as you are getting things installed

Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 PM
HCF Member

Just purcahsed my Full Coilovers. Still out of town and it's still raining like a son of a B!tch. I'll be taking pctures soon.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

Just messaged a guy about a D series DC sport header. 80 bucks. Told him I'll buy it tomorrow when I get back in town. Note to self don't udpate this when dunk.ad

Old 11-08-2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
Just messaged a guy about a D series DC sport header. 80 bucks. Told him I'll buy it tomorrow when I get back in town. Note to self don't udpate this when dunk.ad
lucky duck!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

did you get Omni Power Full Coilovers?

Quick Reply: xsteinbachx 2000 Honda Civic Si Project (Canadian)