HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Attention admins: A problem and a suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Default Attention admins: A problem and a suggestion

Problem:
Whenever I change the title of a thread, such as my for sale thread (I change it to show the date of the last time I updated the thread), it does not change the title that appears in the section, only the title that appears at the top of the first post. It used to work normal and change how the title appears everywhere, but stopped working in late November and started only updating the post title.

I believe that kevin or someone else I talked to tried to fix it by resetting some stuff on my account, but that didn't work.

Oh, and I guess it's a problem with VBulletin, because Honda-tech has the same exact problem.

Suggestion:
Removing the 20 image per post limit.

I keep 5 for sale threads running (1 for each forum I use) and this is the only forum that I have to make multiple posts to list all of my items because of the image quantity limit. It would be much easier to update my for sale thread if there was no limit, because then I could update it on on forum and just copy and paste the text into all of the other forums.

Furthermore, I see no reason for the limit.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-27-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Trust, additionally PM your request to Patrick. He mentioned recently to do this when problems were encountered.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by RonJ
Trust, additionally PM your request to Patrick. He mentioned recently to do this when problems were encountered.
Yep, already did. I PM'd him with a brief message and a link to this thread.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 AM

^+1 on the problem. I have it too and have had to PM mods to change titles for me. Since my main project thread is changing all the time, it would be nice to change the title as the focus changes.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Administrator

i think that its a setting..ill look around for it.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM

OT, but can you look into why the main page is only showing one person's album? Is anyone else getting that?

Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by itinerant
OT, but can you look into why the main page is only showing one person's album? Is anyone else getting that?
It used to happen to me the times that the page would actually load, back when we were having those problems. Hasn't happened to me since Patrick reset the settings though.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

I just finished discussing the front page random picture issue we are having with Patrick. The issue is being looked into now.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Administrator

the front page thing is across all of my sites, and ive reported it.

ive not found anything about the titles yet...maybe only mods and admin can do it.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I know if I (or any other mod/admin) change a thread title, it actually changes. For some reason it doesn't for normal users. From what I can tell if a normal user edits it shortly after posting, it'll change, but after an hour or so it won't.

Quick Reply: Attention admins: A problem and a suggestion