HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Parts and Comments.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Default RE: Parts and Comments.......

sounds good. i think there should be a section dedicated just for that. deff. make things faster and easier for everyone. someone make it happen!!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

I can dig it. Would be a great tool.

i need someone to volunteer to monitor it...nothing is to be posted that isnt a review..we need someone to develop guidelines for the section
You dont' have enough mods already? or are you talking about all of the posts running through someone?

Old 10-06-2005, 07:22 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I'd be willing to dedicate some time to moderate that portion....i'm on here every friggin day anyway

Old 10-06-2005, 07:37 AM

I would like to nominate Mossy, xe1002, and mxs as choices for someone to monitor this if it happens.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

I would like to nominate Mossy, xe1002, and mxs as choices for someone to monitor this if it happens.
of course you would....

Why would you nominate someone who has admitted that tehy do not know that much about parts, but are still learning. No offense to you xe, but I just read a post by you saying that. If any of those three i would think it would have to be Mossy. Forgive me if i've offended anyone, but it doesnt make sense to have a parts section run by someone with little experience in the parts field.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04
but it doesnt make sense to have a parts section run by someone with little experience in the parts field.
Let me please explain something......

When I came up with this idea, I did not intend for it to have to be monitored by an experienced part person.
I would like to see it monitored only to keep the silly comments and other crap out of the section, and I do not expect the person monitoring it to edit posts out because they don't like the parts or don't agree with what the poster's comments said about the part.

I believe either xe1002 or mxs could do just as good a job monitoring the section as anyone else on HCF and maybe better than most.

This could be a very good thing for HCF and I hope nobody tries to ruin it for the rest of the HCF members.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

It really should be someone with some knowledge and experience installing and working with parts. It will be easier for them to disifer between legitimate posts and bs. Not to mention, I don't really care who it is to tell you the truth. Patrick asked for volunteers, so i volunteered, end of story.

Tell me something tho, has any of this leg humping paid off for you yet??

Old 10-06-2005, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Patrick
nothing is to be posted that isnt a review
It really should be someone with some knowledge and experience installing and working with parts. Not to mention, I don't really care who it is to tell you the truth.
I mentioned the idea so that everyone would have a chance to post their comments about parts (positive or negative). We don't need someone with knowledge of parts, and we sure don't need someone deleting people's post because they don't agree with it. I want to make sure all the HCF members have a chance to read everything that was said about any part......I know what happens when stuff is edited.

This is why I nominated xe1002, mxs, and Mossy, because I think any of them would be fair and not edit out stuff and end up pissing members off.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

ORIGINAL: Patrick
nothing is to be posted that isnt a review
It really should be someone with some knowledge and experience installing and working with parts. Not to mention, I don't really care who it is to tell you the truth.
I mentioned the idea so that everyone would have a chance to post their comments about parts (positive or negative). We don't need someone with knowledge of parts, and we sure don't need someone deleting people's post because they don't agree with it. I want to make sure all the HCF members have a chance to read everything that was said about any part......I know what happens when stuff is edited.

This is why I nominated xe1002, mxs, and Mossy, because I think any of them would be fair and not edit out stuff and end up pissing members off.

Man, when have i ever given any indication that i am that biased for or against any part....EVER?!? I would think that i'm pretty fair when it comes to discussing parts and mods, and i'm not petty enough to go around deleting what i don't like, thats just stupid. But, whatever, i'm done.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:59 AM

Man, when have i ever given any indication that i am that biased for or against any part....EVER?!?
I didn't say that, but I think you just gave people that idea now.

I simply nominated a few people and then you came down on me. So then I explained why I nominated those people.

Quick Reply: Parts and Comments.......