HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Ride of the Month Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Default Ride of the Month Revisited

Here's the thing... We keep trying to bring back ROTM and we keep failing. Doing it month to month is too hard. We all have busy lives and it takes too much time to do the admin stuff involved. Why not make it Ride of the Quarter? Surely we can find enough time to do the thing 4 times a year.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Administrator

if you want to start ROTM again, go for it, you can do either one, both fine with me.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:02 AM

Sounds good...

Old 02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
HCF Member

Sounds great!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

whoot!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
HCF Member

maybe trustdestruction should take control of ROTM since he offered to do it the last time we brought it back. I don't mind taking control of ROTM either. or you can do it wellfed

i think we should do a Ride of the Month. So i can get a calendar set up for 2011 with ROTM winners

just wondering how many people would be interested. Should cost around $25

Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 AM

The problem is that we're too late for this year. And questions would arise about making money off of HCF. Not just tax stuff but legal stuff. It's great in theory but in practice... I dunno.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Here's the thing... We keep trying to bring back ROTM and we keep failing. Doing it month to month is too hard. We all have busy lives and it takes too much time to do the admin stuff involved. Why not make it Ride of the Quarter? Surely we can find enough time to do the thing 4 times a year.
this mean u elect urself to take care of the work/time involved?

The way I see it, it comes down to 2 things. One, being on time. Having someone reliable that can make the mod list/pictures and post them ON TIME everytime. And two, people not getting so butt hurt for not being elected or winning...

If we can get that, I don't see a problem having it monthly.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM
HCF Member

its not too late, we just need to find pics for January and February. we can start ROTM for March. I knew i would have problems with HCF. I plan to make the calendar on a site and you guys buy from there and they print and ship from there.

I've bought two calendars 2009 and 2010 from 2 other forums and no problems there. if there's a problem i can make one with out the HCF brand right?

admins advice? is this against the terms on HCF?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 AM

Just do it. We used to have people make and sell decals didn't we? I don't remember there being any legal issues with that. Plus, those sites where you design the calendar and people buy and ship from the website's company don't give you much profit either. If it's like zazzle.com, you can set the percentage that the designer makes... just set it to the minimum percentage and this will keep the price of the calendar as low as possible.

If we start ROTM now we could have a calendar in 2011.

Remember last time we started it, I believe we only had one ROTM month last year? It went to that guy with the red 99-00 Si... can't remember his user name. He can be January on the calendar.
Then we can start now for february and since it's already late Feb. we can expedite the nominations (they WILL go quickly anyway since it will get lots of attention since it's the first ROTM in a long time). Then we could have the poll run a little later than normal, maybe a week or two March at the latest. We could start March nominations immediately after the Feb. poll closes and then we'd be back on schedule.

I think we should do it monthly. When you do it quarterly people will grow anxious for the next ROTQ and then will stop caring because they have to wait so long.

No one got butt hurt last time either so I think we're good. We've got lots of new faces on here and I don't think any of us have really ever won a ROTM so this would be new and exciting for most everybody.

Oh and in the ROTM nominations opening post by the mod, please state the exact date the nominations will close (since we need to be strict about dates if we want to get on schedule for having a 2011 calendar). Same goes for the poll thread.

For mod lists, just have the nominees set up their garage page and have us link to that.

The format on the poll opening post where we list the nominees could be:

user name - car
[IMG]one main pic[/ IMG] (chosen by nominee and they can host it in their picture gallery on HCF and give the image URL to whoever is in charge of ROTM)
link to mod list (garage)
project thread link (if user has one)... my new idea to add to the ROTM poll

It would be much easier to do it this way.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-19-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Ride of the Month Revisited