HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

Ride of the Month Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 AM
Administrator

i think hobo wants to do it

good luck pal!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Snail'n Admin

if one of you guys want tobe in control of doing the layouts and what not, we can bring it back. I really dont have time to do it though

Old 02-19-2010, 11:37 AM
HCF Member

yea the site is going to be similar to zazzle except i dont really like their calendars because the boxes for the dates are a bit small. There's another site that i had a calendar from that i like so it might be from there.

now another problem for the calendars is that for the best result we will need to have the highest resolution pictures as possible. and we are going to need someone to design the front page. i was thinking either a compilation of all HCF members civic. or the ROTM winners compilation

and mods create a subforum for ROTM so someone can start a nomination thread. I think trust and hobo is willing to do it

Old 02-19-2010, 12:37 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Why dont we just use the people that were nominated last time we tried to bring it back for the Feb ROTM? We had a full group I believe, I remember sending my mod list and everything but nothing came of it. Just a way to hurry it up. I think this forum needs something like this to keep interest.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:43 PM

True, that's an even better idea. Then we don't even have to waste time with nominations. We'll be back on track in no time for a full year of ROTM.

If a mod brings back the ROTM section we can see the last nomination thread and we'll know who was nominated.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:16 PM

I've posted in the mod forum asking advice and stuff. Here's the deal...

I have no problem with Justinwebb being January. But February is gonna have to be a fresh start. The list from last May was: itinerant (now Wellfedhobo), plethoric, danomatic, superd16, and trustdestruction. I don't wanna be voted just for restarting the thing and SuperD16 ended up being a fake and tragic issue. Leaves a short list of 3. We can vote between Trust, Plethoric, and Danomatic. But somehow it doesn't seem fair. You won't get the recognition for long either.

If I can get an admin to unhide the ROTM forum I'll start up a February ROTM nomination thread and we can get this thing going. I don't mind being in charge of this thing.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Also, I've been looking at all the old ROTM threads. How it is supposed to work is this for example: On Jan. 1, you start the nominations for February. (month of December was for Jan. ROTM.) ASAP, before Jan. 10 or so, you would have 5 nominees and start a voting thread that lasts for exactly 2 weeks. At the end of the 2 weeks, whoever had the most votes would win ROTM for Feb.

Since we want 12 different people for this (calendar purposes), the winners of ROTM must be ineligible for the rest of that calendar year. (Jan can't be ROTM until the next Jan. November can't be ROTM until January. December can't be ROTM until (2 months, so) February. Get it?

For the proposed 2011 HCF calendar to be a reality, we have to get things moving FAST. We're 3 months behind basically. We would have Justinwebb for January. It's really gonna be hard to work out a February unless we vote ASAP and whoever somehow wins will miss out on a little glory but still gets on the calendar. Then, ASAP, we get a nomination thread for March going and get a vote in (because it should have started Feb 1 and it's the 19th already. By March 1, we have to have March done and have an April ROTM nomination thread started. By April 1, we have an April ROTM selected and start a May nomination thread.

We can do this but we have to bend the rules to make it work.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

if we really want to get a calendar going then we either nominate a february in november or december or we can do a really quick 1 or 2 day nomination since we really need 2 more and then a 2 day voting

i think we can get march nominations in at the same time

Last edited by sfazngiants; 02-19-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 PM

I actually went back and checked the ROTM previous winners. The last actual winner was Basbal123, who was a little shady with his business and hasn't been back lately. Before him was Justinwebb. So I think it's okay to use Justinwebb as January.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:45 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Basbal owes me money still. Did some decal work for him and he never sent the money through paypal, never wrote me back after that.

Quick Reply: Ride of the Month Revisited