Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

$%&@#! hole in my exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Default $%&@#! hole in my exhaust!

Blast it I just bought this car and already the craptastical roads around here have poked a hole in the exhaust somewhere underneath. Now my car sounds like a wet fart every time I accelerate and I'm sure I look like an idiot [:@][:'(]

Anyway, I only have front wheel ramps, and I tried to see if I could spot anything last night but without being able to actually get underneath of the car I didn't have much luck. It's hard to tell exactly where the sound is coming from depending on where you are in relation to the car.

Any suggestions? I'm probably taking it to the Honda dealer on Monday to have them look at it. Does anyone think it might be worth buying stands and trying to fix it myself?

Old 08-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Default RE: $%&@#! hole in my exhaust!

Get an old rag and stuff it in the muffler outlet. You should be able to find it pretty easy then as most of the exhaust will be coming out of the hole.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:05 PM

def invest in sum jack stands.....they are so helpful.and if u ever plan on doing ur own work on the car u gonna need em.

hole shouldnt be too hard to fix.... go to like autozone and get a muffler bandage thing

cuz if u go to dealer, u gonna prolly get raped unless u got a warrenty or sumthing

unless its a bad hole, and u dont wanna take a chance

Old 08-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Cat Fuсker

If you have hole in it, get a new section...muffler bandaid causes it to rust underneath

Old 08-05-2005, 08:28 PM

This could also be a sign to invest in a new stainless steel high-flow exhaust.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

This could also be a sign to invest in a new stainless steel high-flow exhaust.
You don't say?

Old 08-06-2005, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Kolhoznik

If you have hole in it, get a new section...muffler bandaid causes it to rust underneath

o seriously? that sucks....aight nevermind for htat part then

but still get sum stands

Old 08-06-2005, 01:37 PM

If your seriously stumped for cash you could "backyard fix it" i did a friends by riviting a opened metal drinks can over the hole (about 2" x 2" then smoothing exhaust putty over the top to seal it. kept him going till he could afford a new one.

But id go new stainless system all the way if youve got the cash

Old 08-06-2005, 04:58 PM

I'm taking it to the Honda dealer on Monday just to see what they say. Depending on what's wrong and what kind of price they quote me, I may try to fix it myself, or just have them do it. Or I might get that new exhaust everyone's suggesting, but I doubt it. I don't have a whole lot of money to play fast and loose with right now [:@]

Old 08-06-2005, 05:56 PM
HCF Member

Well if you dont have the money to play fast and loose then you don't need to be going to the dealer. Especially for an exhaust leak that anybody with a welder could fix. Find a little local muffler shop adn they will probably patch up a spot weld for 10 bucks.

Quick Reply: $%&@#! hole in my exhaust!