Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

1987 Civic Si Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Default 1987 Civic Si Aftermarket Exhaust

Hey Guys,

I'm a total newbie at this stuff, so just bear with me here. I just purchased my first Honda and I'm absolutely in love with it. It's a red, 1987, Civic Si. I found it with only 105k on it. The whole thing is clean as a whistle. It's more clean than my Mom's 2008 Scion xB. Anyway, I've been searching around because I wanna do a little modding to it and eventually do an engine swap somewhere down the road. Problem is, I cannot seem to find anybody that really specifically deals aftermarket exhaust for an 87 civic. It seems to be the generation after (88-91 I think) that you can get fitted (or custom, I'm not sure what you call it) exhaust specifically for that car. My question is, will the 88-91 civic aftermarket exhaust fit onto my 87? Is there any interchangability between them? If not, would I have to get some uber-expensive, custom exhaust made for it? And if you do know that the exhaust from the 88-91 will fit on my 87, what else can I switch out?

Also, when I go to look of mods on aftermarket performance parts stores online, the civic model selection only goes back to 88.

Any answers, even if they just point me in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

-Sam

Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 PM

Hey Crazy. I bought an 87 Civic SI last August. It's red too. Then yours is a hatch too I presume. Mine was pretty clean too. Inside is decent. Body is pretty clean. Just small dings here and there. I've already done all the body work to the dings. I'm going to paint it red new again. I'm painting it the SI Rally Red.

I'm not going to do any mods to it. I don't plan to spend money on it as I bought it as a commuter car to save on gas money. The only thing I've upgraded was the brakes. I swapped the 87 Integra brakes that are a lot bigger. Stopping is better now.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:46 PM

i myself got one too. im not sure mines a Si though? i think its a dx? its all confusing. some stock engines are 1.5L and mines a stock 1.3L but they look exactly the same. is yours a 4 speed too? i dont know the difference between a base and dx hatchback ughh let me know if you find that exhaust answer. im lookin into some mufflers that fits 88s and up and want one on mine also. thankss