Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

1991 Civic DX hatch, aftermarket exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Smile 1991 Civic DX hatch, aftermarket exhaust?

I'm a BMW guy, but need some advice on exhaust for 1991 Civic. Have Civic DX Hatchback with low miles and am going to fix a few things before passing on to my daughter. The car needs a new cat back exhaust, is there much in the way of performance aftermarket that is reasonably priced. Stock from Honda here (Kelowna BC) is pricey, are there good shops in Vancouver where I can pick something up? Doesn't have to be stainless. Appreciate any help. Thanks

Old 09-21-2008, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by kilby
I'm a BMW guy, but need some advice on exhaust for 1991 Civic. Have Civic DX Hatchback with low miles and am going to fix a few things before passing on to my daughter. The car needs a new cat back exhaust, is there much in the way of performance aftermarket that is reasonably priced. Stock from Honda here (Kelowna BC) is pricey, are there good shops in Vancouver where I can pick something up? Doesn't have to be stainless. Appreciate any help. Thanks
buy a new honda muffler on like ebay or something, and then have a shop make custom piping from the catalytic converter to the muffler, and have them weld the muffler onto the new piping.

this would probably be the cheapest way to do it while still keeping a quiet sound