Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Aftermarket parts questions

Old 07-10-2007, 01:48 PM
HCF Member
Default Aftermarket parts questions

Im driving around in a '07 civic SI. Im happy, to be honest its quite fast. Although, more hp for a guy is something we need. Im getting a Random Technology cat converter, Magnaflow cat-back exaust, Injen cold air intake with MR Technology, and eventually Buddy Club headers. Of course Im at Procivic.com. My question is, how much will I be pushing with a converter, magnaflow, and injen. Will I be seeing a higher hp and get-up like they tell me? Is the power worth the money?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Aftermarket parts questions

You're doing Intake and Header right? All that exhaust stuff is like having a bigger butt hole without eating beans.

EDIT: I read your post again and saw headers and "injen".... you've mixed parts with brands...

EDIT: And you'll get like 10-15 hp... who knows, maybe even 20.

EDIT: If you add stickers on it.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

Yea eventually. Ive heard Buddy Club is a good brand, $800 for headers is pretty intense though I dont know that much about them. Im just wondering if the converter is really what its cracked up to be for the money, if im gonna get 1-5 hp off it then I wont even bother for $400

Old 07-10-2007, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

I dont know about 8th gens but my 7th gen cat was not compatable with my header/exhaust set up so i went with Magnaflow... you'll feel a difference, no doubt, after you put on the intake and header, but exhausts just dont add alot of hp really, just looks and sound which is nice. I'd say spend the money and do it if you're never planning on boosting that k20 you got under the hood. Lucky bastard.

If you're looking to get a turbo, there are alot of really really smart guys that have boosted k20s around here and other forums... however, turbo=wasted money on the header

Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

My car is under warranty at the moment, so Im alittle worried todo much to the engine itself.Because the dealership will most likely say its voided because the aftermarkets just so they cant fix it for free. I plan to, if a newer SI by that timehasnt come out, get a turbo. Although I am going to do the headers, I just need a choice on the brand. Borla has no headers for 04-07, I didn't bother going below '04, wouldn't of worked either way was just curious.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

Well an intake wont mess with warranty... header, though might... I did all my stuff well after the warranty was up so I never cared... well I have no experience with 8th gens so I cant recommend anything to you but you're bound to find something... did you check product review at all?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

Yea of course, the Random Technology cat converter @ Procivic.com says

Random Technology makes some of the highest-flowing direct-fit catalytic converters available. Independent testing by engine builders, racers, and automotive magazines has repeatedly proven the superiority of the Random Technology SuperStainless design. On the 06+ Civic Si, this Random Technology catalytic converter gives 12 hp and 11 lb-ft of torque at the wheels without any other modifications! Other applications give similar percentage gains.

Key Features:
[ul][*]Greatly improved midrange and high-end power/torque.[*]High quality, stainless steel construction.[*]Gives a deeper, throatier exhaust tone.[*]Meets Federal EPA requirements.[*]Direct-fit installation with all necessary hardware included. [/ul]

Now, I would think them saying the 06+ civic si models have gained 12 hp and 11 lb-ft of torque from the converter would give me about that. If not, you would think that would be false advertisement