Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

best hp for your money

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:47 PM
HCF Member
Default best hp for your money

Just curios what would make the biggest difference as far as hp with the least amount of money like 200-400 dollars.
I am wondering what part of the intake/exhaust would be the best parts. for instance should i get an exhaust and header, intake and header,or what other combination would be the best without going all out and getting everything.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Default RE: best hp for your money

I know that my intake made a very noticeable differance in how my car preformed...not to mention the great sound

Old 08-09-2006, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

Get a cheap ebay short ram and get a better filter for it. Then start saving for a catback. That should be your first steps if you plan on staying NA, IMO.

If you plan on boosting, just start saving and don't waste any money.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

so is a cat back the same as an exhaust system?

if not what is the difference?

Old 08-09-2006, 07:59 PM

Yes, a catback is the exhaust system, if i understand things correctly, and i believe it's basically everything from the CATalytic converter BACK (but i'm just learning all this, so I might be wrong )

Old 08-09-2006, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

Yes, a catback is the resonator, piping, and muffler.

In front of the CAT back is the CATalytic converter... which you should eventually swap out to a high flow cat.

And in front of the (right at the engine) is the header.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:14 PM

start sellin catbacks at 100 dollars and ill get one

Old 08-09-2006, 11:49 PM

u could get a header and cat-back exhaust for about $400 give or take depending on brand and such.

sorry to thread jack but i've never gotten a straight answer to this question before and didnt wana start a new thread up. can u pass emissions tests with a hi-flow cat?? just yes or no from someone who has had experience with it please...

Old 08-10-2006, 12:02 AM
HCF Member

You could go with any of the three i/h/e and none of them are gonna make that big of a difference. Yea you may feel a tiny diffence when you smash the gas but its not gonna add crazy hp so dont get your hopes up to high. In my opinion i would go with w/e order you want and get the rest as you get the money.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

sorry to thread jack but i've never gotten a straight answer to this question before and didnt wana start a new thread up. can u pass emissions tests with a hi-flow cat?? just yes or no from someone who has had experience with it please...
It should say on the description if it is emissions tests material or not. if it's one of the $40 "hi-flow" cats, then no - those are just straight metal pipes... i've seen them personally. but it should tell you if it will pass or not. if it says "off-raod or track use only"... it won't pass. pacesetter makes a good high flow cat that will pass. only about $160 too.

Quick Reply: best hp for your money