Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cat Back Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 PM
HCF Member
Default Cat Back Help

Hey I have a 2000 Si stock everything and I'm thinking about getting an Apexi GT spec cat back exhaust with a 60 mm pipe diameter.

Any comments on power increases, sound, reliability, or a different exhaust??

Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=44556

welcome! Read the exhaust FAQ, it'll give you a lot of good info. Also get in the habit of Searching or reading the stickies (such as the Exhaust FAQ) to answer a lot of basic questions

Old 12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

to answer your question about power and reliability, it will not give you any noticeable power increases and it wont affect the reliability of the car. Also search youtube for exhaust sounds.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

why wouldnt it give me any power increases??
is it not a good fit for my car or something??

Old 12-10-2008, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Jimbo&2000SI
why wouldnt it give me any power increases??
is it not a good fit for my car or something??
no matter what exhaust you put on, they are not going to give you any noticeable power increases. Its just like with a cai or header. You have to get the car tuned to really take advantage of the bolt on. They just dont make that big of an impact on the engine, yea they help move more air out, but it doesnt really matter until you get to boost applications. I still recommend you get it tho, most people including my self like the sound of an after market exhaust on there car.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:34 AM
HCF Member

mmm, you really don't need to get a tune to feel the gains. No, the gains aren't HUGE, but you might feel a slightly better pull, although alot of it will be in your head due to the better sound. What croninc is what is just that the gain isn't gonna be as big on our little 4 cylinders as they would on a V8 or something.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:47 AM
HCF Member

hey thanks man
but I think im gonna go with the WS2 since its quieter and less money.
Ive heard the GT spec is REALLY loud.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 PM

WS2 is amazing... do it do it do it

Old 12-13-2008, 12:58 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by FlipHKD720
mmm, you really don't need to get a tune to feel the gains. No, the gains aren't HUGE, but you might feel a slightly better pull, although alot of it will be in your head due to the better sound. What croninc is what is just that the gain isn't gonna be as big on our little 4 cylinders as they would on a V8 or something.
yea exactly,

i just dont want you to get all hyped up and think that your exhaust just added 10hp, your intake just added about 12hp, and your header just added 10hp because thats what all the descriptions say, I used to think that and it took me awhile to understand to gain 30hp isnt that easy. Go with the sp2, i think i might switch over to one in a little while cause im getting sick of mine hummming on the highway. It was cool at first but now I dont like it lol.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:06 AM
HCF Member

apexi ws2 sounds perfect and the tip isn't too big or too small
greddy sp2 is quiet also, but the tip is around 110mm compared to apexi's 100.

so it pretty much comes down to what size you want if you're looking for this sound.

Quick Reply: Cat Back Help