Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Catback Shopping

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Catback Shopping

Wow that thing is hug!! No thanks. Me getting that muffler on thier would be like waking up the morning after with a tattoo on my ***.

Personally I think 4" looks to big on a civic, but all these systems have the 4" tip....

It seems Magnaflow is a fav, and isn't as spendy as the Evo 2....

Since I won't have the money to invest in some mad performance upgrades for a while, do you guys think I should just try to find, like a Magnaflow muffler and resonator and have the local shop do the 2 1/4 piping?
I guess I'm just trying to soak up all the info I can, so I don't get it all done, hear is sound and look like *** and be screwed.

Am I right in saying that the Greddy sytems are much quieter than the Magnaflow? Or just a little bit quieter?
I appreciate all the input for sure!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:55 PM
HCF Member

just a little quieter. the greddy systems have a slightly lower tone.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

damn i want that 160$ one.......but of course they dont have 1 for my car....always my frigin luck!!!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Irishdrunk

Wow that thing is hug!! No thanks. Me getting that muffler on thier would be like waking up the morning after with a tattoo on my ***.

Personally I think 4" looks to big on a civic, but all these systems have the 4" tip....

It seems Magnaflow is a fav, and isn't as spendy as the Evo 2....

Since I won't have the money to invest in some mad performance upgrades for a while, do you guys think I should just try to find, like a Magnaflow muffler and resonator and have the local shop do the 2 1/4 piping?
I guess I'm just trying to soak up all the info I can, so I don't get it all done, hear is sound and look like *** and be screwed.

Am I right in saying that the Greddy sytems are much quieter than the Magnaflow? Or just a little bit quieter?
I appreciate all the input for sure!

That's what I did. Mine is a custom Mangaflow setup. Magnaflow high flow cat, resonator, and muffler, with 2 1/4 piping. I love it.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

all good systems, but honestly, the best sounding ones ive heard are the evo2 and the ws2. You just can't beat their sound, and both are pretty quiet until high rpms

Old 01-19-2007, 07:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

all good systems, but honestly, the best sounding ones ive heard are the evo2 and the ws2. You just can't beat their sound, and both are pretty quiet until high rpms
on idle, both sound stock.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

I like the "sound stock on idle" bit...that's nice.

On the Magnaflow series...what is the difference between 15646 and the 15642? The magnaflow site only has the 15646, but they have 15642 and 15643 on ebay....all are for 96-00 civic coupes....? can't tell the differnece between the auctions...

Old 01-20-2007, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

Sidenote: Re: you're ebay link for the Magnaflow...I just ordered from that guy and it was a very smooth buy!

Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

wow, i just saw the xtune exaust for my car, an realized that is what i have, because i bought the car witht he exaust on it, but i did not ask the brand. and yah, its got a 4.5 tip and its huge. really loud, one of the loudest i have heard. i honestly dont like it so loud, but with the silencer on, not only does it sound like a steam engine, but it also messes with the idle. other than that, its a great system, no rattles, still looks great, no rust.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:53 AM
HCF Member

is it louder than a n1? if so, i'm sure as hell not getting it.

Quick Reply: Catback Shopping