Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cheap sound?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Default Cheap sound?

I have a completely stock 02 Civic LX sedan and i want the exhaust to sound better but i don't want to spend a lot or get a "full" system. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 09-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Default RE: Cheap sound?

good muffler and short ram intake will be cheap and sound pretty good.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:32 AM

O, and i forgot they need to be a straight "bolt-on" part no modifications to make them fit (you have to cut/weld to put a muffler on... right?) I know it helps a lot but i really don't want to get an intake right now.

I was thinking more like-

Flowmaster HONDA CIVIC Rear Exhaust $205
Megan Racing Drift-Spec Cat-Back Exhaust $297
Vibrant Honda Civic Exhaust $285

I was trying to find something maybe even cheaper than these but i'm not sure which are decent products and which are crap.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:41 AM
HCF Member

Why wouldnt you want a short ram intake? You'll get more power and alot more gas mileage! Off ebay they are cheap and you can go out and buy a nice filter for it. For exhaust the more you spend the better the quality!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

cheap sound is all you would be getting by making it...sound better... really has no performance quality... go for a new header something 4-1 or 4-2-1.. have a shop put it on... that will give you a throaty sound if u ever do put a cat on it.... id go with megan racing...

Old 09-03-2006, 11:55 AM
HCF Member

If you just want an axle back, then I've heard good things about vibrant. But for only $65 over the cost of the axle back you could have a magnaflow cat-back.

And a short ram can be had off ebay for $25... then just a few more dollars to put a good filter on it.

Don't be surprized if someone labels you a ricer for asking this question.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:43 PM

About the intake... i don't know much about them but i've seen people saying they have to worry about water (when it rains/puddles) when they have one installed is that true? This car is a daily driver and i use it in any/all types of weather (i'm in NY so blazing hot summers and freezing snowy winters) no matter what. If that's not the case and i don't have anything to worry about then i'll look into it but i don't want to install something that i'll have to worry about at any time. I bought the car for reliability so i don't want anything that affects it like that. I just want it to sound better/louder so i can actually HEAR it (right now i can barely even tell if it's running or not).

Basically what's the cheapest cat-back i can get that isn't an "Ebay" brand?
Same thing with the intake, what's a good brand that has a low price tag?

I'd rather be called a ricer than someone who can't spell "surprised." Haha... just jokin'. I know it's one of those types of questions but i could really care less. Even if i had all the best parts and everything was professionally installed and it looked sleek and sexy someone would always be there to say "ricer" just because it's a Civic (or any other import for that matter).

Old 09-03-2006, 06:43 PM

the only time you need to worry about the intake taking in water is if the filter were to ever be fully submerged, which can happen but you shouldn't be driving a car in anything like that. but I believe AEM, INJEN theres more I just cant think of any right now

Old 09-03-2006, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

Ouch.

Anyways... ebay brand short ram intakes are fine, just get an AEM filter for it.

And the cheapest cat-back is going to be the magnaflow at $350.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:00 PM

Can you give me a link to the $350 one? I've only seen $410 for sedans (i think for hatches most are cheaper).

Edit: Ebay ones are okay? They are only like $10... why are AEM and all the other "quality brand name" companies 10x more?

Quick Reply: Cheap sound?