Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Default civic ex

Hey I just joined.Does any one know where you can get the downpipe/midpipe for an 02 Civic LX Coupe.Stock ex haust manifold with a decient axel back.Used new or?And yeah I know I shudda bought a civic with a better engine.Bought it for the gas mileage ya know.Didn't have the $$ for the next model up.Thanks for any help!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: civic ex

Welcome to the forums!

First things first; aminor correction:
For the most part, theobject referred to as a"downpipe" connects the exhaust side of a turbo to the catalytic converter. This means thatif a car is not turbocharged, it does not have a downpipe. What you're talking about is probably a header, or exhaust manifold. This is the chunk of metal that is (on most honda engines) in front of the engine, connecting the engine block to the exhaust.

anyway, you'll see about the same gains with any aftermarket header. The exception being the one and only Bisimoto header. It's basically the best bang-for-the-buck header, costing around $500 or so and providing proven gains of 15 or so horsepower at the wheels. Personally, being a proud owner of one, I have to recommend Hedman Hedders Chikara header. I bought mine for $150 (SummitRacing.com) and love it.

Now, with the mid-pipe, you have a few options. The first is to go with an aftermarket part. Now, I'm not sure, but I don't think too many companies make just a mid-pipe. I do know, however, that DNX makes a mid-pipe for civics. I think it's around $150, but I'm not sure. Anyway, your second option would be to have a mid-pipe custom bent at a local muffler shop. It shouldn't cost much (I'd guess $50 or so, maybe a little more).