Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Default Cold Air Intake

I've found some cold air intakes for an '04 civic coupe manual transmission. Anyone with any suggestions on which to get? Is it really worth it? Will it mess with putting a turbo on there and would anyone recommend a stage II turbo on a stock engine? (Yeah i know very little about cars, so slap me if need be) Anyone know a good website explaining exactly what to do when putting on a cold air intake? And, anyone know anything about the "turbonator"?

Old 07-06-2005, 07:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

CAI's are definitelt worth it if you want to stay naturally aspirated (non-turbo). Depending on what model you have, AEM can give you gains of 10+ Hp. K&N makes a great air charger (intake) too, check out their link on here.

I think the general consensus is that the "turbonater" and products like it are useless. Most good intakes have their piping designed to increase airflow and something jabbed inside of them would only hinder their performance. Do a search on here for it and read some of the other opinions.

If you run a reasonable amount of boost (5-6 psi) you could run it on a stock motor. Any more than that and you have to start beefing up the internals. I'll let one the other guys fill you in on the details.

Old 07-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

The CAI is DEFINITELY worth it. You know when you're shifting, and you get a little lag in between shifts, well you can kiss that lag goodbye when you buy a CAI. I just got mine and i love it