Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Does this sound reasonable to anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 05:19 PM
HCF Member
Default Does this sound reasonable to anybody?

Ok, as you may or may not have read, since the addition of my header I have been trying to figure out how I lost a little power and I have another theory. Since I had to rewire my o2 sensor the ecu had to be reset, and with the new airflow it should be compensating with added fuel, right? Now my question is this, at wide open throttle (WOT) the ecu goes into closed loop and uses a preset fuel map, right? So all of the added airflow goes to waste because it's using the preset fuel map from the stock set-up? when it should be using the new airflow data? Or is this not how it works?

I know it sounds kooky and like I am reaching, but it feels like it pulls better at nearly WOT and not all the way to the floor. I am going to G-Tech it tonight anyway, I just thought I would get you guy's opinion.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Default RE: Does this sound reasonable to anybody?

could be.... get a good tune from somewhere and it should solve any problems you got there, but you really dont have that much done so you should probably wait a lil bit b4 you waste your money on a tune