Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cold air intake systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Default Cold air intake systems

howdi guys, iv just got some queries about these different intake systems.

Iv been told that simply installing a pod filter isnt going to do much due to the fact that it will be sucking hot air, which i can understand.
Iv also been researching these short ram systems and cold air intake systems, both of which have me stumped. because i dont want to move the battery and im just not sure where abouts the piping for these is going to go! So i started looking into these cold air box ideas, and i was wondering if there is significant air running past the headlight/ battery for one to work in the place of the origional filter? I mean is there any point in removing my stock filter if a cold air box isnt going to do much better?? Let me know

Mikeeee

p.s. sorry for posting origional in the wrong place (What a newbee)

Old 03-11-2007, 09:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cold air intake systems

the cai/sri that you'd buy for your car wouldn't require you to move your battery or any other components other than your stock air box. i'm not familiar with a pod filter, but if you don't want a tube, go with the comtech icebox.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:57 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cold air intake systems

Comptech went out of business

and yeah you shouldnt have to mess with the battery or headlights on an intake system. With a CAI the filter is located down in the bumper, so you are sucking alot colder air. SRI you will get performance importvement, even though the filter location is the same.