Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Converted my Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 12:04 AM
HCF Member
Default Converted my Intake

Yep, from a CAI to SRI. The CAI kept sucking snow and salt and crap onto the filter and it was all cloged up and had NO bottom end. It took me a bit to figure out why but yeah, it's in SRI mode for the rest of the winter.

I'd suggest anyone with a convertable intake to do the same, or keep the filter on your CAI washed out good!

PS. I'll snap a pic sometime and put it up.

Oh, and that bad-boy is LOUD now.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:12 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Converted my Intake

Bro, im looking for a cold air intake, and I was thinking of that same problem that would happen if i got a CAI becasu ei live in norhtern new york and theres tons of snow here so i was like, isnt that gonna mess **** up?

So could you tell me what kind of convertible intake you have? ......or suggest to get?

Old 01-06-2006, 02:25 AM
HCF Member

sorry, i have a 98 civic ex if that helps

Old 01-06-2006, 08:26 AM
HCF Member

get a 2-piece AEM CAI. then it connects in the middle either with a water bypass ([:'(]) or a rubber boot.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

yeah, and everyone gave me **** about converting my car to winter mode, fools

Glad you got it figured out amg, the last thing us Honda drivers need is less bottom end

Heres a shot of what sacicons is referring to. Its my two piece AEM CAI.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:46 AM

^ now if you had a red rubber piece on the intake, that would look sick!

Old 01-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

^ now if you had a red rubber piece on the intake, that would look sick!
I have all red rubber cuplings with SERIOUS hardware on there now, that shot was taken a while ago.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:05 AM
HCF Member

It kills me how damn clean your engine bay is Forty, makes me feel like the dishes I eat from are dirty.

Anyways, jonyg98civicex I just have a cheapo eBay intake. I bought it specifially because it was two pieces so that I could convert it if I had to. The AEM one Forty has is good. Injen also makes a SRI with a CAI extension.

I should have snapped a pic of the filter before I cleaned it too (I have the camera now, just not the brains to remember that I have it.) It was all muddy and salty, had icicles hanging off and stuff.[:'(] I let it soak in some hot water and dish soap then rinsed it all out and let it dry, works like a charm now.

Next time anyone is cleaning their filter, try and blow or suck air through it when it's wet! (I'm glad ngoti8tor isn't around to comment on that one) It's damn near imposable. No wonder it works like crap if you drive for a long time in rain on a highway with tons of spray.

Old 01-07-2006, 10:10 AM
HCF Member

did you re-oil it after you soaked it in dish soap?

Old 01-07-2006, 02:21 PM
HCF Member

Nah, I don't know anything about that. What kind of oil do you use? I think the filter might actually be paper?.. it's the cheapo that came with the intake. It didn't really look dried up or anything.

Quick Reply: Converted my Intake