Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

DC Sports header installed..It was very easy

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
HCF Member
Default DC Sports header installed..It was very easy

Hey everybody I finally got my Dc Sports 4-1Header installed this Saturday.. With a little helpfrom my G/F.. I took off the Stock exhaust manifold in 1 piece including the down Pipe. I wasn't going to take it out in 2 pieces.....[sm=icon_blah.gif]. It took me less than 2 hrs to do the job. Those manifold screws came off very smooth they weren't they tight at all. I sprayed them before with a little WD-40 to loosen them.

Yeah I got this headers on this forum for 85.00 with shipping included.
***This where in the condition I got them***

*****Refinished header (New Paint)and installation pictures*******

Old 01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DC Sports header installed..It was very easy

good job and nice deal

Old 01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

did u notice a diffrence in POWA lol??? ... nice header btw

Old 01-14-2008, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

nice! and gains?

Old 01-14-2008, 06:27 PM

looks good - what paint did you end up using...?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheInternet

looks good - what paint did you end up using...?
I did order me that paint from Summit Racing "VHT" didn't do it blue because since it's already Finished in silver It will be easier to paint over. Got me 1 silvercan and 1 gloss can. This paint is specially madefor headers...GOOD stuff

****For everybody I do feel some gain specially at HIGH rpm's. You can feel it when I want pass those slow pokes on the highway. Gives me a nice little extra boost when I need it.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:45 PM

I saw that VHT today and almost bought it because I wanted the 1500C rating...but it was priced at $15 a can...and all they had left was black

I ended up buying Duplicolor Ceramic 1200C silver color for $8...I think it should be good enough its just for my heat sheild, and if it doenst work out new heat sheilds are only 14.99...

Did you cure your paint ? Duplicolor says you have to bake it at 300F for 2hrs...

Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TheInternet

I saw that VHT today and almost bought it because I wanted the 1500C rating...but it was priced at $15 a can...and all they had left was black

Did you cure your paint ? Duplicolor says you have to bake it at 300F for 2hrs...

I also got the Silver Ceramic coat spray...Mine has a different label on it....It actually shows the headers on the spraypaint can. I got purchase them with summit racing.2 silver cans and a Clear coat. Saving the silver paint for the future..38.00 shipping included just took 2 days to receive.

I actually purchase the duplicolor before I got the VHT. The reason I didn't like dupli color was because you have to bake them and you can RUIN your OVEN...[sm=icon_blah.gif]I wasn't going to do that... With the VHT you cure them when they have been installed already...Let engine idle for 10 minutes and 20 minutes to cool down. Engine idle for 20 min and let them cool again for 20 min. Then drive for 30 minutes and whala CURED already.. Thats reason I got the VHT paint.. Fuc-k baking them.

If you read clearly on the duplicolor it says it can take up to 7 days to cure...

Old 01-15-2008, 10:42 PM
HCF Member

did you paint those other parts of your engine? that blue looks really nice and smooth. I would love to get that same paint but in red...... if you did paint that, what kind of paint is it?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 00IntegraLS

did you paint those other parts of your engine? that blue looks really nice and smooth. I would love to get that same paint but in red...... if you did paint that, what kind of paint is it?
I got the valve cover and OEM strut bar powder coated..

Quick Reply: DC Sports header installed..It was very easy