Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

EbayI/H/E vs. High Priced I/H/E

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:03 PM
HCF Member
Default EbayI/H/E vs. High Priced I/H/E

I would like to hear from my fellow tuners, I am trying to build up a 97 Civic Ex 4dr. 5spd Is there a very noticeable difference between using I/H/E bought on ebay. As opposed to buying the high priced Name brand ones. Second part of my question, if anyone has used an ebay catback exhaust system and has gotten quality results let me know which one so I can compare it to the high priced exhaust systems

Old 06-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: EbayI/H/E vs. High Priced I/H/E

Intake: there really isn't much of a difference in the tube itself. The filter does make a difference, however. Get an ebay tube and slap a K&N or AEM filter on that bad boy, and you're good to go.

Header: as far as performance, there's not much of a difference between the expensive and cheap headers. The big difference is in the welds. Cheap ebay headers can blow welds, which means you get to pay for another header. Then, there's the bisimoto headers. They're a different story altogether.

Exhaust: an ebay exhaust will sound [:'(]. Maybe 1 out of every 1,000 will sound decent after a month, but most of them get really raspy when they get broken in. Just go with a brand-name exhaust.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

Intake: there really isn't much of a difference in the tube itself. The filter does make a difference, however. Get an ebay tube and slap a K&N or AEM filter on that bad boy, and you're good to go.

Header: as far as performance, there's not much of a difference between the expensive and cheap headers. The big difference is in the welds. Cheap ebay headers can blow welds, which means you get to pay for another header. Then, there's the bisimoto headers. They're a different story altogether.

Exhaust: an ebay exhaust will sound [:'(]. Maybe 1 out of every 1,000 will sound decent after a month, but most of them get really raspy when they get broken in. Just go with a brand-name exhaust.
^ exactly

Old 06-15-2007, 06:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

couldnt have said it better

Old 06-15-2007, 09:16 PM

how about High flow cat? should i go w/ expensive or cheap one? thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

neither. hi flow have almost no gains over stock. but if you must have one, expensive one ftw