Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Edelbrock vs Skunk2 ....From Argentina!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Thumbs up Edelbrock vs Skunk2 ....From Argentina!

Hi all, I come to you who are the "parents" of the preparation in the Honda, and I hope you can help me with this issue are the intake manifolds.
I recently holder of a Civic EK D16Y7 engine, the idea is like my first modification to the engine change the intake manifold along with the TB. But hey read the post that have been made, but none even compared Edelbrock vs. Skunk2, so in display graphics and technical comparisons.
The engine that I want to assemble, just keep the naturally aspirated (N/A), and is expected to reach the engine +-170whp or so.
I wonder which is used in the U.S. in what is admitted in competitions such as ¼ mile, or circuit events. Used?
Hey read also brands such as BOX, Venom, but for now I'll stick with Skunk2 and Edelbrock. Need to know what is really taking the lead, where tests flujeo really does his best work in natural aspirations.
Well, that's what goes into our Honda better? Skunk2 or Edelbrock?

I forgot to ask, that would be better measures of TB? 60mm? 65mm? 68mm? Thank you!

Thank you very much and I hope you can give me a hand, greetings to all from Argentina!

PS: sorry writing, translated by google translator page.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:13 PM

What are your other plans for the car? If just bolt ons and nothing internal a big IM like the ones you mentioned (along with a bigger TB) is going to destroy your throttle response and shift your power band way up to like 6,000 rpms.

Also, D series motors without boost will not make much power. I have seen builds in excess of $5k for an all motor D series and it was only putting out ~160whp/140 wtq.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
What are your other plans for the car? If just bolt ons and nothing internal a big IM like the ones you mentioned (along with a bigger TB) is going to destroy your throttle response and shift your power band way up to like 6,000 rpms.

Also, D series motors without boost will not make much power. I have seen builds in excess of $5k for an all motor D series and it was only putting out ~160whp/140 wtq.
Dear cvcrcr99, the engine, would logically have a porting on the top, other valves, larger injectors, cam simil stage3, other pistons and other cranks. But for now my intention is to start with the admision along with the TB. And later get a Y8 cover with V-tec and start working it to make a good set,

Thanks for your answer!