Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Exhaust ??

1.Are the decent DD systems:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-00...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/jdmc-...QQcmdZViewItem

I know the money would be with a DC sports header, Magnaflow cat, and a Greddy EVO2 catback, but thats 1k. Would the links above be feasable? I am trying to convince the wife that by doing an exhaust and intake she will get better gas milage.

MY KEY IS THAT IT HAS TO BE THE QUITEST EXHUAST MADE. I have heard countlest clips and I think the SP2 is better than than the WS2, IMO. My only question here is, do you think these would be a cheaper alternative?

By the way, I am an AVID EBAY'er, everythign I have done has been on ebay, in fact my 20k boat was bought on ebay, and even this civic was bought on ebay. I know what to look for in some aspect. By the way, all the mods that have been done to the little civi have been purchased off EBAY!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Default RE: Exhaust ??

probably garbage

Old 04-08-2008, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

The first one claims 30-40 HP gain and the second, 15+ HP gain? ...from an exhaust system????? I don't think so. Also, chances are neither will be quiet, especially with headers.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

They are garbage. I'm sure the welds on the header will crack and no way would that ever give you 30-40 hp. It won't be quiet and it won't sound nice. Who know's if it would even fit right? I've heard stories of "ebay exhausts" being too short or too long. You really just get what you pay for. Usually brands like DC, Magnaflow, and Apexi are more expensive because they are higher quality and gaurentee fitment.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM

these exhausts are going to be loud.
no doubt about it.
these are your standard ricer equipment.

it sounds like a great deal, but it's not. no name headers like those are prone to cracking, and bad welds. the exhaust is going to be loud and annoying, especially while cruising at highway speeds. I don't think you will find a single decent or quiet exhaust system on eBay for that kind of price. It's gonna cost you around 400 dollars for anything worth buying at all.

I bought my Apex-i WS2 on ebay for $435 shipped. Before I had that, the previous owner had installed an exhaust like these examples. It was annoying, scraped the ground often because it was so low and had a huge muffler (not sure why, it's not like it really muffled anything). I can tell you from experience that it is a world of difference.

the exhaust FAQ has a list of different exhausts,
and the header FAQ has a list of different headers and their expected prices.

good budget headers include Megan Racing, and Hedman Headers

Old 04-08-2008, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

I'm also and E-bayer shopper. But that is definitely real GARBAGE..Go with a better brand!!!
I have some Dc sports header and with a Magnaflow street series exhaust and left the stock pipping( mine is 2inches 4rm factory) because it was pointless to waste all that money so I could just gain an extra 1/4 inch. Magnaflow cat. Mine doesn't sound loud at all. It sounds very nice. A lot of people like how my exhaust system sounds