Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust recomendations for NON turbo civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Default Exhaust recomendations for NON turbo civic

Well i have and 95 honda civic coupe stock, i buy from a guy a muffer 2 and half inches starts and end with a 4 inches tips the body is 6 inches and is like a cilinder. inside the cylinder is 2 and half inches. is this too big for my car or its ok??? the mufflre is direct i mean is not like the stock , this one when you look trougth hte tip you can see tru the other side. my car also have 2 inches pipes with stock headersand catalytic. My fear is that whne i mount the muffler my car loose some horse power .

should i put a high flow cat without loosing power or just leave it with hte stock????

Old 06-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Exhaust recomendations for NON turbo civic

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
i want to see what your talking about, i personally was a little confused about your thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:11 AM
HCF Member

that sounds like theyre all fairly widely used measurements.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:40 AM

were you drunk when you typed this? all you need to use is a 2 1/4 in cat-back.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:52 AM
HCF Member

hes talking about the muffler homes. hes saying this:

inlet piping = 2.5"
tip = 4"
piping inside muffler = 2.5"
muffler body = 6"

Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 AM

That muffler should be fine. you can do what you want with the cat but if you put a high flow on or remove it compleetly it will get loud and raspy sounding. Also when adding doing the muffler i would recommend adding a header they are pretty cheap for a honda and will add power and torque depending on which one you get. If your car gets to raspy sounding get a glass pac perferably the longest one you can get and that will help deepen the pitch of it and quiet it down a tad. Also this shouldnt hurt your HP at all just help. When people say hondas need back pressure they are wrong there is a thread out there stating why. Remember HP is all about flow getting the air into and threw the motor and out the tail pipe also one of the most important thing is the tune of you car. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Administrator

haha i got it after i read it a second time, it just confused me for a sec. but yeah, 2.25 inch piping is all you need, enjoy dude

Old 06-21-2006, 01:32 PM

well thanks i will proceed then to mount the muffler. im sorry you guyz didn't understand im not english talkin but i know a bit pretty well. im just upload a picture of what im talking about. i was wondering one of you guys said something about headers... i laid eye on a dc-sport but there kind of expensive for me rigth now as you see im in high school yet.. anyway which other can i install on it that works like the dc's???? casue i've seen headers that are really bad.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11786/7B629BECD7B64D58B70D10CB8304757E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-21-2006, 01:43 PM

You can get them on here for aobut $275
http://www.drivewire.com/performance...stheaders.html
It wouldnt be needed but if you want as much HP as you can get from upgrading your exhaust right now it is recomended.

PS> Looks like you have a decent looking muffler there.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:52 PM

Thanks dude. lot people had recomended the same thing "headers" i will put them as soon as posible but first a wold like to put intake system .. do you or anybody have a recomendations??? i was thinkin on some i saw on ebay and the where cheap like 40 buck plus shipping and handling.

im a little confused i heard that theory before about the honda cars doesnt like big exaust becasue it cut off HP. my uncle had a cr-x si and he put a big muffler on it he didnt mentioned the measurement but he said his car feel like holded back, i donth think that will happend to me but i just ask to learn more about hte theory.

Quick Reply: Exhaust recomendations for NON turbo civic