Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:55 AM
HCF Member

Oh, and passes emissions fine, just leave the cat in

Old 09-17-2010, 02:29 PM

I installed cheap eBay exhaust on my old Civic just so that I could sell it (I took my WS2 off to put on my del Sol, so it didn't have exhaust anymore). Sounded like complete trash. The ricer kid who bought it from me loved it though :\

Old 09-22-2010, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
My brother basically needs the same part on his exhaust system (97 Civic LX). MIDAS quoted him $328.52 for the job. He will most likely be just buying the pipe from Honda and having me install it.

Integra exhausts will not fit. You should be able to use a B-pipe from any 92-95 Civic coupe/sedan, or 96-00 Civic coupe or sedan (EX/SI only). I have a spare B pipe from Honda that was from my 99 Civic EX and it is in excellent condition (used for about 1 year) Where ya located?
thanks again for the offer man.

I am going with a Bosal replacement that I found at http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...ermediate+Pipe)

On it's way! Will post up the install when I get started next week.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 AM

I hope it's OK to just add to this thread -- my model's a bit different, but the problem's similar: My exhaust is basically rusting out and falling apart, and was the main reason for recently failing a State inspection.

Car: 1994 Civic CX H/B, 1.5L

Midas, Meineke and others are all quoting around $500 or so for the job. Midas quoted the piping and parts separately, and said the muffler would be $210. Sounds like price gouging to me, but he said it was because they install mufflers with a lifetime guarantee.

Frankly, I don't need a "lifetime" muffler. I just want to replace the piping and muffler, pass inspection, and get a bit of performance and nice sound while I'm at it. I'm considering a Cherry Bomb muffler WITH a Monza (Pacesetter) resonator dual-tip .... OR a low-restriction "turbo" type muffler.

Yep, I know -- all I have is a lowly CX model ..... I have no hope or plans to build a "Porsche stomper" -- but I would like a low-restriction exhaust that helps the car breathe better, AND sounds really nice.

I'm in northern Virginia (Falls Church/Vienna area) and I'm hoping not go over $300. Any suggestions besides the "big chains" that want to turn you upside down and shake all the $$$ out of your pockets ?

Comments about mufflers etc. ?

Thanks in advance,
Dave G.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Go to another shop, preferable a muffler/exhaust shop. It shouldn't be much more than $100-$150 for the tubing to be bent plus the cost of a resonator, plus the cost of the muffler. Most exhaust shops shouldn't complain about you providing your own muffler and resonator. I'd recommend picking up a twin-loop muffler off eBay. They pretty much have the flow of a straight-through muffler, but due to the design, the exhaust passes through the muffler twice, quieting it down a lot and taking a lot of the "rasp" out of the tone.

For a little more than the $500 you were quoted you could have a GReddy Evo II cat-back.