Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust system question combo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Talking exhaust system question combo!!!

okay me and my bud are having a huge debate about this.
we are just trying to see what best for my car so here is the problem

i told him that is best for me to buy megan racing header and continue the rest with ebay test pipes and such and maybe an hks muffler if i find one cheap and good condition for it to keep down the cost. i calculated all to be $250 with free shipping

he says just straight up buy a brand name exhaust. i told him that it way to expensive and i can possible get the same amount of power with my idea.

what do you guys think?

ps. the reason i wanted to used megan racing header is because i keep hearing that ebay header tend to crack.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:49 AM

You need to tell us what year and model Civic you have. Also, if you get a test pipe, you may fail emissions testing. Where are you located? Emissions/inspections laws are different from state to state.

You will gain about 2-4 horsepower from a full exhaust. Branding does not have much of a difference IMO. However, you do get what you pay for with exhausts. The cheap eBay cr4p will start to sound terrible after 6 months, while a good name brand stuff will last for a long time.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 AM

oh sorry i have an 97 honda civic coupe and i live in kansas. and we dont have emmision test.

and well this my full exhaust design megan racing headers then magna flow highflow cat then axleback and finish with the hks or apexi muffler.

i need so much help and any info will help extemely. if you have an exhaust system plese share your design/setup

Old 09-06-2011, 11:14 AM

97 Civic... what? EX? DX? LX? They have different exhaust set-ups. Depending on your trim, it would make or break your decision I would think.

However, if you plan on getting a complete exhaust system, the only other thing you would possibly need is an o2 extension harness (if you have a DX/LX/CX - Not EX/SI)

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...version-73237/

Header, higher flow cat, Apexi WS2 exhaust and you will be set. Here is a youtube video of my car with DC 4-2-1 header (not worth the money, stick with Megan or something like that), stock cat, and the Apex-i WS2 exhaust kit. Plus, a Crower stage 2 camshaft

99 Civic Stage 2 Cam, Hondata Tuned, Apexi WS2 clip - YouTube

Old 09-07-2011, 01:36 PM

and what was the cost of the whole exhaust minus the headers?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:55 PM

A brand new Apexi-WS2 cat back usually runs about $500 or so. I got mine used on eBay for about $300. There is a "knock-off" company called Yonaka that makes a WS2 style exhaust set-up for about $250. I haven't heard anything bad about it yet, however, it is still a fairly new company I think. You get what you pay for in terms of exhaust kits IMO. All I know that that I have had my WS2 kit for about 3-4 years and it still sounds great. Usually over time, cheaper kits tend to get louder and become raspy due to cheaper materials being used.