Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Header/catback...have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Default Header/catback...have some questions

I own a 03 civic si and among other things have put on megan racing headers/ and a a'pexi ws2 exhaust.
Now for my questions.
1. In the rain if I hit a big enough for my exhaust to get some water splash on it, it will bang and clank for the rest of my time driving with it being wet. What can I do to fix this?

2. When I take off hard/light the tires up, my exhaust also will bang. I have been told by others who saw me driving that my exhaust moves around alot more than an exhaust should under both of those driving situations. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for the help.
P.S. Will this pass inspection in NY.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...890/index.html

Old 04-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Header/catback...have some questions

I think you might want to check theexhaust hangers. It sounds like one or more of them has come off. Also, the catalytic converter you wanted to know about should be able to pass emissions (I make no promises). The product description says "Meets Federal EPA and California ARB requirements", so you should be good to go.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Either adjust the hangers holding your exhaust or get new ones. If you got jackstands or ramps you could easily get this done yourself. You should be able to find some hangers at autozone or any other major car parts store.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 AM
HCF Member

the thing about hiflow cats, they WILL pass smog, only the first time or so. Or at least thats what I heard. A friend had a GSR with a hiflow cat, and BARELY passed, when before he passed no problem. I mean if its a bolt on cat, then get your car smogged first, then put it on. Then leave it on the first time you get it smogged after that. If it barely passes, take it off the next time you go, then put it back on

Old 04-17-2007, 06:42 PM

Thanks for the help!

Yea i planned on doing what had to be done myself, I perform all my car's work. Last time I was under the car everything seemed to be fine and this was after these problems. I am definatly going under the car soon again to check the actual hangers and make sure they are doing their job.

Yea if worse came to worse I would just put the stock cat. on for the test and than switch it afterwards. It would be nice though to not have to switch it , but there are sacrafices that come with power.