Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

HELP- broken o2 sensor lead to battery light

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:42 PM
HCF Member
Default HELP- broken o2 sensor lead to battery light

Today in my 01 civic dx, i decided to install my o2 sensor sim due to my new headers having no cat. I bought the o2 sim that goes between the bung and stock sensor. The problem was that it extended the sensor out too far to where it hits the inside of the car. I examined the metal it was hitting and it was just a semi thin piece of metal. It is attached to the "thing" that the alternator is above. However the sensor barely fit, and my bro and i accidently pushed the headers in place to hard and broke some of the 4 wires of the o2 sensor against the "thing." I was angry, and still am... But now when i start the car, the battery light is on. I believe it means that my battery is not getting charged. I was nervous to drive it to and back from work, but i did (about 15 miles round trip). I used no accessories in the car that require power. I dont know what is going on. My only guess is to why my battery light is on is because the broken o2 sensor wires getting power are hitting the "thing" sending power in the car to be messed up. Any idea where to begin fixing this problem?? I really need help, yes i know i am a dumbass.