Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Holley CatBack?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Default Holley CatBack?!

Hi, I kinda new in this Civic world, I just bought a 95 Civic Ex and I got a massiva exhaust leak, I was browsing thru ebay and one of the cheapest one is this Holley cat back, CatBack I was wondering if any of you guys have this catback, and how it performs, I know it doesnt look very good like a Greddy but for the $$ it doesnt look that bad...

Thanks, any input will be appreciate it.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: Holley CatBack?!

I have it...it's been just a little over a week, but I have gotten a hang of it...

First of all it is VERY loud. Fitment and installation was very easy, but if you get it try to bend the heatshields so there's no contact the first time around...or you'll regret you didn't. And it will burn your bumper a bit if you don't get longer hangers out back.

And forget about jumping off of curbs...the tip is big. I'll get a pic from the back when I get a chance

Old 05-31-2005, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the info, I didnt like the part that it is very loud, I guess I gotta consider that before I buy it, thanks

Old 06-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Cat Fuсker

It is waaay quieter than driving w/o a muffler, but it does get on your nerves after two hours of commuting...

It only gets very sweet after VTEC kicks in...than the sound is so not like a can 'o bees.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:50 PM
HCF Member

as i always say, try the Evo2. it isnt loud and it doesnt have that angry bee in a coffee can sound.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:29 PM

that is one huge tip... by the looks of it, it would be loud as heck.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Cat Fuсker

It is very loud past 3K. My wife hears me coming from 8 blocks away when I'm trying to keep up with my friend's turboed Golf. But it's better than her hearing me leaving work (which is much more than 8 blocks) with a burnt muffler

Old 06-04-2005, 03:16 PM

just looked at the pic, thats the exact exhaust i bought for my 91 hatchback. had to cut it in 3 places and reweld to make it fit my hatchback. you can see it in my photo album in the gallery here, i have it laying next to my motor in the pic before we did the swap. havent heard it yet though, havent hooked it up cause got to finish welding and i went offshore before it was done. cant wait to hear it all hooked up. the motor sounded good without it though, so everything should sound great once its done.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Cat Fuсker

Didn't have to do anything to mine...bolt-on

Old 06-06-2005, 09:10 PM
HCF Member

its not that big of a tip...ive seen bigger......much..bigger

and the Evo2 isnt that much bigger

Quick Reply: Holley CatBack?!