Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I/H/E??? Stupid Ricers!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 03:44 AM
Default I/H/E??? Stupid Ricers!

Well guys i am in need of some small extra bolt on power as are most of us browsing this forum im sure. I know I/H/E isnt gonna give me to much more power when compared to turbo, nitrous etc but hey every little bit counts and if it gives me a better shot at beatin the stupid ricer pulling up next to me at the lights revving his little ................. <-(Insert typical ricer car here) then im happy. JUst asking cause some kid in a little swift GTi wanted to race the other day and if the opportunity comes up i wanna thrash him.

So now guys what kind of gains would/should/could i be looking at with the I/H/E. i know it depends on brand etc but atm im just doing a bit of research.

Also is there any point gettin new cams, cam gears or pulleys? I have heard they give a bit extra but am not to sure

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Old 08-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: I/H/E??? Stupid Ricers!

If the GTi is a VR6 model, you aren't going to win with bolt ons.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:59 AM
HCF Member

No bolt on civic is going to win any races man, hate to break it to you. Simple I/H/E only gives you as much power as most other 4 bangers come stock.

If you want to win races, you need forced induction or you need to be bottle fed.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

Bottom line is that GTi will own your **** until you go forced.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
HCF Member

the GTi is built as a competitor to the Scion TC and the Civic Si. theyre out of your league. get some real mods. boost will probably cost less than a new I/H/E setup anyway.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:51 AM

id be interested in hearing why youd say boost would be cheaper than i/h/e

Old 08-14-2006, 12:15 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

the GTi is built as a competitor to the Scion TC and the Civic Si. theyre out of your league. get some real mods. boost will probably cost less than a new I/H/E setup anyway.
+1 if you want some power, you might as well just save up for a turbo....i mean do an exhaust cause its hard to have a good flow for a turbo through a stock exhaust

but if you wanna go turbo, dont do headers and an intake

Old 08-14-2006, 12:26 PM

i think he said it would be cheaper because.... a good intake= $200. a good cat back=$450. a good header=300. and by that time you could have a cheap turbo set up.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ding ding ding^^^ we have a winner lol

Old 08-14-2006, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

thats why i go for the clean look and stay away from racing people. if someone pulls up beside me i just laugh at him and drive off normal shifting at 3k. thats because i know i would probly get beat becuase not many other cars have a freaking 1.6 in them and i know my car looks better than their beat up car with the muffler hanging off. so either boost it or keep it looking clean and dont worry bout all the racing crap.

Quick Reply: I/H/E??? Stupid Ricers!