Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I really really really hate nuts@!!!#!@

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I really really really hate nuts@!!!#!@

Chuckle Chuckle...

I miss that show.

Hey speaking of Bung holes, Whats the best way to get that O2 sensor out of there? I want to polish down my Manifold guard a little, and possibly later take off my valve cover and do some creative painting, but I don't want to dammage the sensor, I hear it can screw stuff up if you bang it up or anything.

I read it was good to run the car for a min or two to let it get warm, and shrink a little, making it thread easier. I am guessing loosening the 2 nuts to the manifold cover would be the first step, then an open ended wrench to the grooves on the sensor?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:27 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Stumasters

Hey speaking of Bung holes, Whats the best way to get that O2 sensor out of there?
mine came rihgt out, just grab the bitch with some vice grips and turn. Letting it run probably will help, but i've heard that you shouldnt spray it with anything because that will mess up the sensor

Old 01-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Original: FlipHKD720
mine came rihgt out, just grab the bitch with some vice grips and turn. Letting it run probably will help, but i've heard that you shouldnt spray it with anything because that will mess up the sensor
yeah, you just gotta be careful as hell, you dont wanna ruin that baby

Old 01-25-2007, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Stumasters

Chuckle Chuckle...

I miss that show.

Hey speaking of Bung holes, Whats the best way to get that O2 sensor out of there? I want to polish down my Manifold guard a little, and possibly later take off my valve cover and do some creative painting, but I don't want to dammage the sensor, I hear it can screw stuff up if you bang it up or anything.

I read it was good to run the car for a min or two to let it get warm, and shrink a little, making it thread easier. I am guessing loosening the 2 nuts to the manifold cover would be the first step, then an open ended wrench to the grooves on the sensor?
u need to be careful with o2 sensors. droping it, spraying with any kinda lubricants and whatnot will damage it. if its stuck on there tight, best bet is to heat up the bung hole(har har) with a torch and then take a wrench to it. just be careful not to burn the wires.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

Sweet, I will give that b**** some TP and yank it outta there.

Thanks fellas.