Go Back  HondaCivicForum.com > Civic Style > Header, Intake, & Exhaust
Reload this Page >

I think some one should shoot me(cat and cat-back wont line up)

Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I think some one should shoot me(cat and cat-back wont line up)

Old 07-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Default I think some one should shoot me(cat and cat-back wont line up)

ok
i have a 98 civic hx, i got a dc sports 4-2-1 EX header, EX magnaflow high flow cat, and a EX greddy evo2 catback.
i go to install them and the headers go on fine,
the cat goes on fine(i think :P )
and then i start from the back of the car(im just dumb that way) and start putting in the evo2,
when i get the evo2 bolted together i look and its not lined up with the cat and i cant make it line up................
ne one know ne tricks to getting em to line up?
im gonna go get some universal hangers and see if that helps.
?!what should i do?!
thanks
-brunester

Old 07-14-2006, 11:57 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I think some one should shoot me(cat and cat-back wont line up)

define "not lined up"
Radially off, angularly off....two inch gap between flanges off? Chances are if it is off angularly..(one flange at 90 and one at 80)...you can loosen your mounting points and hangers, bolt the flange together and then tighten up the hangers. The pipe will have some give. If its radially off...bolt holes don't even come close...maybe the cat is the wrong one or backwards? You'll have to cut and weld the flnge, or get the right part.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: brunester

ok
i have a 98 civic hx, i got a dc sports 4-2-1 EX header, EX magnaflow high flow cat, and a EX greddy evo2 catback.
i go to install them and the headers go on fine,
the cat goes on fine(i think :P )
and then i start from the back of the car(im just dumb that way) and start putting in the evo2,
when i get the evo2 bolted together i look and its not lined up with the cat and i cant make it line up................
ne one know ne tricks to getting em to line up?
im gonna go get some universal hangers and see if that helps.
?!what should i do?!
thanks
-brunester
There's no real tricks. Either they can connect or they cannot connect.
You could take it to a muffler shop. Tell them that you want to install a flex pipe between the cat and the muffler so the pipes can connect. That means they'll have to chop a bit off the cat-back piping and weld on the flex-pipe and flange.
If it's really off-center because you bought the parts for the wrong car, the muffler shop could do some custom cutting, welding, pipe bending and fabrication to make it work.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:22 PM

i dont know, all the stuff is for ex. and if you look at it from the front the cat flanges are to the left and the cat back flanges are to the right they are at the same level just dont line up.
im going to see if i can fiddle with it a bit and make it work,
ne one know how much a flex pipe weld on would be?
looks like the closest hanger(the rubber thing that holds the muffler up) is causeing the problem because it wont let the exhaust pipe move over to connect, im gonna get a universal mount and see if that works
thanks
-brunester