Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I'm a girl. Tell me what parts I need!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Question I'm a girl. Tell me what parts I need!

I have zero car knowledge. My boyfriend and his friends are going to replace my headers and engine mounts for me, and apparently I'm supposed to buy "all of them" just in case. How many is "all of them"? Is that 4 headers? 3?

Do I need to buy any additional accessories (bolts, screws, whatever), or just the headers and engine mounts?

Also, how do I know which ones to buy? I have a 1998 Honda Civic DX, and want the cheapest possible parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have to order these soonish.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 AM
HCF Member

well you only have one header. and im not quite sure on what else you will need

Old 01-19-2010, 06:11 AM

Megan Racing is an ebay company that makes a good enough header for your D series engine if you want an aftermarket one. As far as mounts go, there are three of them I believe. One on the driver's side, one on the rear, and one on the passenger side. You should probably just hit up the dealership or ebay and look for OEM mounts.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Angry Admin

Well what you should probably do is invest your time and money in some nice cooking implements, some cookbooks and maybe a dishwasher but i'm sure you can do it by hand.

Also i suggest purchasing the book kama sutra so you can really please your man in the bedroom.

that is all thank you for your time.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

What kind of a boyfriend would tell a girl who knows nothing about auto parts to go buy them, herself? He should do the research and let you know how much everything will be.

Do you ask him to buy all the ingredients to make lasagna? I'm not trying to get you upset; I'm just wondering.....

Old 01-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by jprommel
Well what you should probably do is invest your time and money in some nice cooking implements, some cookbooks and maybe a dishwasher but i'm sure you can do it by hand.

Also i suggest purchasing the book kama sutra so you can really please your man in the bedroom.

that is all thank you for your time.

100% pure win! lmao

Old 01-20-2010, 11:27 PM

Okay... why are we being mean?

Getting a header on a 96-00 DX and not doing the full EX exhaust conversion will result in a check engine light due to the loss of the catalytic converter. To correct this you need to convert to the EX exhaust system to retain the catalytic converter when adding a header.

Here is a thread on the subject
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=73237

But while you don't know much about what you're doing with this... it sounds like your boyfriend doesn't either. He needs to do his research... if he had, he would know this.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:34 AM
HCF Member

or she could just get this http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2646896.aspx it is the correct one for her. $353.59 and ive ordered from them plenty.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by chrismag
here is a cat you can use. its cheep. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...ht_4190wt_1194 idk if you will pas emissions where you live.
You want to know why it's cheap?

... it's not a catalytic converter

Quick Reply: I'm a girl. Tell me what parts I need!